Monday, February 18, 2013

A Different Day

Good Evenin'

And, another "butte"; not too warm, but fine, fine. Blue sky, sunshine, with gentle, cool breezes. And, yes plenty a mud.

Nothin' went quite the way I figured, startin' first thing. I got up and Wedo was runnin' in and out and thrashin' about, pawin' at his nose. I'd heard him barkin' early, which is uncommon for starters and I'd noticed, him and Whichy frequentin' the edge of the woods, just south a the tent, last few days. So, when I seen him pawin' his nose, I figured he'd just get a lesson on porcupines. And, funny thing is, Stinky got the same lesson, shortly after he arrived.

So, I got up, got dressed, found my big syring, no needle and went on down to the log house, where, it seemed to me, there was a couple inches a whiskey, left in the bottom of a bottle, that someone had left here years ago. I filled up the syringe, likely a shot or two and went to find the Wedo Dog. I ain't sure how much went in and how much went out, but it seemed he'd got a dose. I waited a bit for him to get over the insult and see if he'd start to get dopey and after about five minutes, he came over and sat next to me, seemin' it mighta kicked in. Anyway, I rubbed on him some and he plumb lay down, rolled over on his back, real relaxed and let me look in his mouth. No quills, but he had a piece of hoof wedged across the roof of his mouth, between his upper teeth, either side. Well, a little pair a plyers and that was that; way easier than clippin' and pullin' quills. But, I felt kinda bad, I'd doped him so good, for such a simple operation; all the signs were just pointin' to quills.

Then, I was gonna run over to the neighbors, drop off a few things I had for them, went to get the truck and it had a flat tire. Time it takes to change it, there'd be no time left to go, so.... nice sunny afternoon, too much mud, do much, "presidents day", we all went and took a good nap. "Hail to the Chief".

And, have a nice night.

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. After performing "surgery," I bet everyone was tired! Whichy is probably still rolling her eyes knowing both Stinky and Wedo had to do the same thing. Glad it wasn't a porkie-pine though ... OUCH. I wonder what kind of dreams Wedo had ... :D !!

    And a flat tire too ... some days, plans just go out the window. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete