Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Few Minutes of Sunshine

Good Evenin'

And, yes, it snowed most of the day, but cleared up for about an hour just before dark. Another few days of clouds and flurries, then were supposed to warm up.

I was remembering a story about two frogs, today. One lived in a well, the other lived in a big lake. One day the frog from the big lake went to visit his cousin in the well.
The frog from the well, was curious and asked how big the lake was. The frog from the lake said, "oh, very big!". So, the frog from the well, swam a little circle and asked if that were about how big. The frog from the lake said, "oh, no, much bigger!". So, the frog from the well swam a bigger circle, almost to the edge of the well, and asked if that were how big. The frog from the lake said, "oh, no, much bigger!". The frog from the well said, "that can't be; that would be bigger than my well!".

I was remembering that story, 'cause I was watchin' the dogs and how happy the Wedo dog is around the barn, whereas Whichy don't perk up 'till we head for the woods, and, a course that's when Wedo goes back to bed. There's no shame, or blame, and I'm hopin' with time and love, the Wedo dog will expand his horizons and get up his courage, but it did make me think about the things we're taught, the things we get used to and the power of love to transform.

Funny, just the past couple a days, an insignificant little turn of events, just hit me, very kind, very loving, unexplainable, but sweet, sweet. And, just today, I swear I could feel somethin' inside a me meltin', as I remembered. Wish I could do a better job at explainin', but that's about the long and the short of it; just me and my maker, middle a nowhere and love, changin' me, in ways I don't even understand. Plumb, amazin'!

Have a nice night.

Best,

jeune

2 comments:

  1. Makes a person ponder .... only the Creator can make great happiness come from what appears like a tiny spark and ends up revealing great love. Makes me smile. :)

    I like the frog story. Wedo gets a wonderful safe home, and Whichy still gets you to herself to explore and work together the way you've always done. Suppose that might change in the warm weather when Wedo is used to not being cold, venturing further from base camp. Living on this earth, there's a change, something delightful, around every corner.

    Going to snow here! I guess we won't go into Spring low on moisture, and it's one day closer to that wonderful time. :) All of the wild critters graced me with their presence this morning ... early morning gifts.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked that frog story, and experience definitely counts, but visioning can compensate for the lack of experience. When I taught the inner city kids, I could see that their experiences were limited by their circumstances, so my team helped them the vision a wider life for themselves, something that has actually come to pass for many of them.

    Lovely last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete