Sunday, February 3, 2013

Riches

Good Evenin'

And, another mild one; mostly overcast, but mild and so far no precip up this way.

And, a simple "super bowl" sunday. I wouldn't have a clue, but I do have an "author page" on facebook, and I could see all kinda references. Anyway, 'bout as "super" as we got over here, I loaded up a couple of bales of hay and a bag of flour, headed over to the neighbors for our fort-night, cup a coffee and "howdy do". Hate to leave the critters, but, muddy like it is, little we can do, and it's good ta get out, shake a hand, trade a smile and I did owe'm two bales a hay.

And, it did make me think, about the critters; I was rememberin' that quote from Chief Seattle as I drove.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth".

Chief Seattle - Suqwamish & Duwamish

I'd been thinkin' about critters most of the day, it seems; thinking about the Wedo Dog and how he's changin', the burros, the bunch and the boys. Thinkin' about how us humans, recent history, advent of movie and tv, how we've become kinda used to "two dimensional stories"; "this happened, that happened, then everybody lived happy ever after". Thinkin' how real time and trust kinda get squeezed outta the picture; I mean how do you "really" fit that in a two hour movie. That'd be like watchin' the "per verbial" paint dry, fast as we've become, yet near as I can tell, that's the stuff makes all the difference to them; to me, to my heart. Just bein' there, day by day, consistent, steady, patient and aware, that those relationships, the trust, however simple they might seem, outside lookin' in, can truly make a poor man rich; unbelievably rich.

Not only, does each one have so much to teach, but the time and attention each one requires, the patience, the "feel" of trust, knowing how slowly it grows, how easily broken, how simply kept, these things make our heart beautiful and, way I understand, that's the only thing we get to take with.

Have a nice night!

Best, Always
jeune

1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful Chief Seattle quote. Funny how we've been inundated with "riches" being mostly about money. Riches can never be a "thing" ... money being a tool that's needed sometimes, but love being a gift that's needed all of the time.

    Sure enjoy hearing about your time spent with the critters ... lot of love and learning there. You bring them joy, they bring you joy ... such a good balance.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete