Monday, February 11, 2013

Maybe It's Breakin Up

Good Evenin'

And, yes, just a little sunshine peakin' through at dusk. I believe it makes two or three days now, just socked in and snowin'; least today it wasn't blowin'.

And, tarred again! I forget when it's stormy like this, pretty much, ya don't get a break; feedin' and firewood. Then, a course it's comin' up late winter, so my piles are gettin' futher, and futher, out in the woods. But, I don't even wanta sound like I'm complainin'; few things, half as pretty as walkin' in the woods a winter! It's so quiet, the air's so fresh and even with the storm, there's all these tender colors; black, white, green and gray. But, then there's these shades, of blue, and rose and gold, faint, faint, just barely, but so sweet, ya notice here and there.

And, y'all be happy to note, got a call from an old friend, asked me point blank, what I needed, cover my load a hay; said the check'd be in the mail today. And, ya, I'm fair amazed myself; one minute to go, no time out, fourth down from the fifty. I reckin' that'd be a sixty yard field goal.

More tomorrow; have a nice night!

Best, always!
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Timing ... perfect! Elation! What a wonderful gift. Many blessings to the giver. :)

    Glad your storm quit. I certainly agree .... it's a beautiful time of year, reflecting time too. It surely can be physically tiring wading through all of that fresh snow, hauling wood, hauling water, feeding critters. Good for the body and soul I suppose. Makes a person focus on the moment. I love the changing of the seasons ... the weather has a wonderful personality.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful ... Smiling, smiling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news about the hay! That must be a real load off your shoulders. Good on your friend.

    The description of the woods, "... tender colors..." I can really visualize the pale softness of those colors. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete