Friday, February 22, 2013

Like To Be Chilly for Dinner

Good Evenin'

And, yes, we had squalls comin' and goin' all day; one minute calm and over cast, next a blizzard. And then, it cleared off just before dark and I reckin' the temp'll drop like a rock; 'course no where near, like my friends to the north. They're still, well below zero; regular.

Anyway, another quiet day; feedin', firewood, a little paper work and a little co-respondin'. I need ta get some stuff in the mail, but snowin' and blowin' like it's been, well, my flat tire's still flat. Supposed ta be a mild one tomorrow, see if I can't getter done.

Otherwise, just enjoyin' the changes that come with winter and the extra quiet time. I remember when I first started noticin' how quiet I'd got around the horses. I guess it can take a while for anybody ta figure their need ta listen, far outweighs their need to "talk", then a course, you start listenin' to horses, you realize it kinda includes all your senses; maybe ones we don't even have names for yet. But, it really changed me in a simple but powerful way, 'cause ya do start to consider how much is goin' back and forth 'tween you and the horse, how quick and all without a word.

And, I guess I feel somethin' similar goin' on, 'tween me and my maker. Think of "peace" and ya might think of "nothing"; ya know quiet. But lately, I'm feelin' that peace has a pull and just like a horse, it can kinda pull ya away from words and ideas; open ya up beyond the constraints. And, ya really start ta see how time and gettin' ta know one another, really come into play; same with horses, same with the maker. To get pulled away from our familiar little boxes and to open up to a feeling and really be able to trust, boy, that's a whole another world.

And, I don't reckin' either one's to be taken altogether lightly; I don't reckin' it's any more fun, fall from grace, than it is to fall from a horse. But there's the gift of good teachers; a really good teacher, not only understands where you're goin', but also the buildin' blocks, that can make it a safe and smooth journey. And, for them, I am truly grateful.

Have a nice night.

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. The communication of "no words" and working in fluid motion of mind and body in silence stills everything inside. So much chatter in the world. I would venture to guess many never experience "the quiet" with TV in every room, people talking all the time, cell phone going off. It's like your body is on some sort of constant stimulant. Could make a person sick not to ever get to rest from all the noise, especially in our own heads. The quiet is always there though ... won't barge in on a person. Beautiful, gentle stillness. Thanks, Jeune.

    Warm this morning ... 10 degrees! Smiling!! :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete