Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mass

Good Evenin'

Tarred! Caught up with a lot of folks today; drummin' up support for the horses, keepin' some "boosters" appraised a developments, touchin base with other folks, tryin' to help the wild horses. Kind of a roller coaster; some of it inspirin', some of it depressin', all of it life.

I'm back; what, ya didn't even notice I was gone! Sounded like the boys was havin' a wee tussle, or maybe a mare had found a way round, so I dressed up quick and went down to the barn for a check. All's well. Just a touch a cabin fever, I suppose; everyone gets a bit tarred a winter, even ponies and I'm still workin' on expandin' the boys environment.

Anyway, ya, life has it's ups and downs. And, I know I'm gettin' older, but it's just possible, a tad wiser. I used to get terrible distraught for the "downs", special where horses are concerned, or people causin' trouble for no good reason, but, seems ta me, I'm just a little less distracted. It's not that I don't care as much, but more, that I understand; "stuff will happen". And maybe, I'm just a little more clear, if I wanta make a difference, I just gotta keep goin'.

And, there's really somethin', fantastic there. Might be unbelievable simple, but just to notice that kind of understandin' and commitment, feel the balast, the mass it lends my effort or purpose, it's just kinda surprisin'; I just never figured I would/could ever really feel that.

And, I guess the reason I'm sharin' it, is, occurs to me, possible that each one of us can feel the same thing. And, how much could we change for the good, if we really got hold of ourselves and made up our minds, that our world should be a good one; a fair, just and kind one.

I guess that'd be like a whole bunch a drops, tryin' to figure a river. Well, ever seen the Grand Canyon; there's mass, co-operation, commitment and time.

Have a nice night; it's the perfect beginnin' of a nice day!

Best
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I did feel kind of a "pause" there ... Laughing! Glad you got the kids settled down ... tell them I've got cabin fever too. Got another 12 inches of snow last night. March is just around the corner though, which means Spring isn't far away.

    A "mass" of focused people can do amazing things ... the naysayers in the wings are just that ... little circling feathers on the outside. The mass of good will push through. Like the Grand Canyon analogy ... it's very true and fantastic!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for Peaceful! A few times you have written to my blog and I have wanted to write back . . .but where can I write to? Do you have a blog? An e-mail address?

    If that is something you don't want, its OK, but I am retired too and bet we could find some things to talk about.

    Jo



    ReplyDelete