Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another Gift

Good Evenin'

Well, one mild day; pretty fair cloud cover most of it, then a cool breeze from the northeast afternoon. Way pleasant!

Spent most of the day mailin' out copies of a documentary a friend had sent me about some people takin' a ride from Brule', South Dakota to Mankato, Minnesota, as a healing offer for all the strife and pain resultin' from the anglo-indian wars. It touched me so deep, I just had to pass it on, to anyone might watch; all my white and native friends. I'll include the link to it and an interview with the young filmmaker.

Anyway, did get to go walkabout, on toward dark, see if I could spot my bunch. No luck, but even to try and to be out and to think about how much I love them; feel the prayer welling within' me after seein' that documentary, that, yes, I, too, want to be a part of that healing, that was wonderful, all by itself. And, the wind was cool and fresh, as I headed home, having shifted back to the southeast.

And, truly, there are few things more beautiful, than to feel a genuine prayer in your heart, I suppose; something you know is so good, your whole self is absorbed and fulfilled within it. So good, there can be no doubt, it will be answered, somehow, certain; the rest just a matter of gratitude and patience.

Well, it's late; the boys are askin' for one more flake and the cowboy ain't fed, so I'd best move one.

Have a nice evenin'!

Best

P.S. Dakota 38: One Filmmaker's Ride of a Lifetime

http://www.conversations.org/story.php?sid=318 
Trailer for movie:
 
http://smoothfeather.org/dakota38/ 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fgl%3DUS%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dmv-google%26v%3D1pX6FBSUyQI&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=1pX6FBSUyQI&gl=US

jeune

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I watched the movie and interview too. More than just a shift in the wind yesterday here I guess. Pain for the people and peace spread over me like standing in a good rain, water from my tears. Beautiful feeling and humbling.

    I can understand that feeling of a prayer from the deep heart ... unspoken, no words, Sacred. Praying "hope" spreads across the land stronger and stronger as the days pass by and the pain is less and less. Forgiveness and asking for forgiveness accepted for everyone. I guess that would equal "healing." This year marks 150 years since the Dakota 38.

    Cool mornings here .. just a touch of color starting in the leaves at the top of some trees. My favorite time of year. :) Actually, any day I get to live here is a good day ... "bug" time can be a bit challenging though. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete