Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Ride

Good Mornin'

Well, one sweet, mild mornin' and, 'cordin' to the weatherman, rain on tap and cooler air.

Didn't make it too far, yesterday; reckin' I'm still assimilatin'. Takin' in changes, considerin' all the factors and options, lookin' for the "lovin' math".

I remember a good friend a mine talkin' about flyin', where he travels a lot. He talked about some inter-continental flights, where you get up so high, "there's no scenery to take in", so, ya just keep goin' and keep goin'. And, I remember remarkin', when he said that, a sense of "Life" talkin' to me, again; that there are times, when there's not too much to do, 'cept trust, and wait and watch and remember, that life is "afoot". And, like a plane, or a river, it can carry us to a place where we can see and then, the doin' is plain.

I guess trustin' is the really important part; imagin' the "stress" that would build upon a cannon ball, clingin' to the sides of the cannon, once fired, screamin', "wait, wait, I don't know where we're goin'!". Mr. Gibran, in "The Prophet", speakin' of parents and children, referred to them as bows and arrows in the hand of Creator; "don't worry, so God loves the arrow in flight, so he loves the bow that is strong".

Anyway, I do love that sense of travel and, maybe, by association, the notion of evolution; what little I know about the Christian scriptures, my favorite stories are the ones that reflect God himself (herself?) learnin'! Really, there are parts where he kinda gets into debates with some a the humans about the best course of action, or reconsiders some reaction and figures he mighta been "hasty"; like the flood and his rainbow.

Anyway, I do believe there is "journey" afoot and trust, a "tea" that sweet and strong; the hand that packed the cannon, that drew the bow, is genius and kind, older and wiser, now. No need to fear, but, like a child, trust; "what a ride, so much to see; and yes, my bag WAS packed, with love, and all I would need for the trip and whatever the "doin'", once arrived at my "stop".

Have a great day!

Best,

P.S. Thanks to Brandon Johnson, Santa Fe Photography Pro.
jeune

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favorite pictures!

    Powerful words, Jeune. Journey ... that's what it is ... and like you said before about a path not necessarily marked out I really believe to be true, but the journey is in all of us. We're all on the journey from birth to rebirth ... where ever that turns out to be. Never talked to anyone who left and came back. The Spirtual teachers only packed a bag of "love." So, no more is needed I guess if that bag is full.

    Perseid meteor shower in the dark of the night ... I'll sure be out watching. Happy star gazing. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete