Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Prophet Margin

Good Mornin'

Well, it rained, sure enough! At least one good down pour, followed by a good, long, slow soaker. Actually lit a fire, warm it up and dry out the tent a bit, on toward dark.

Still re-collectin' my self, but there are signs of thawin'; largely tryin' to digest all the love and kindness I found along the way, there and back, midst the chaos and commotion of traffic and travel and large cities. Funny thing about feelin' so much, there's a big part a me wants ta "do" somethin' and I suppose, that "does" happen, but likely, mark of the teachin', all these years, always seems like the first step, is just ta do nothin'; just to feel what I feel and let it transform me. Which is, likely, why I got started on this path to begin with; just a wee suspicion, that the way we see things, what we believe, how we feel, colors our whole experience of life in unbelievable ways. And, if that were true, and it was possible to be transformed, that I really wanted that in my life. If, as my teacher once said, "the good is so good, that it far, far outweighs the bad", I really wanted to know that; see that for myself. Live it.

So, one more story I remember from the event: Three turtles decided to go for a picnic, Momma, Poppa and Junior. They packed up a basket and headed out; they left early mornin', but where it was about half a mile, out to the lake, it was next day about noon, 'fore they arrived. Once they arrived and unpacked the basket, the pop realized he forgot the pickles and he had really been lookin' forward to a good pickle with his sandwich. So he asked Junior, if he'd go back and get the pickles. Junior refused. "Why not?", the pop asked. "Because, while I'm gone, you'll eat my sandwich; I know you!". Well, the pop managed to re-assure Junior, that he wouldn't and Junior headed back. Mom and Pop, waited; they waited and waited. One day passed, two days passed and finally three. Pop looked at Mom and said, "you know, we better go find Junior; it's been way too long". Mom agreed, but they figured they better eat something for they left, so they got out the sandwiches and were fixin' to eat, when Junior jumped out from behind a tree and said, "see, I knew I couldn't trust you!".

Have a nice afternoon!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Always that contrast between "doing" and "being". The voice in our heads shouts to get out there and do whatever, while our heart quietly whispers that it's OK just to stop and feel the love, the beauty, the peace.

    Glad to hear you're getting quality rain after those dry months, but concerned that the tent got wet. Thanks again for writing, Jeune.

    ReplyDelete