Friday, August 3, 2012

The Cards

Good Afternoon

Hot! Or at least it seems so, but the clouds have come in heavy and low, and, if I didn't know better, I'd say they might be plannin' a shower.

Comin' up on two days back from my yearly "go see my Heart Teacher" adventure. And, adventure it was! Got to see some wonderful old friends and meet a few new ones. Got all kind a gifts and contributions to the book and The Bend and had a great time at the event; Long Beach Convention Center.

I suppose my favorite quote, best I can recall, "When you are very far away from something, it can be difficult to recognise it or appreciate it's beauty. If you don't think you're beautiful, come closer. If you don't know how, I can help."

Otherwise, seems I'm waiting a bit. Some native americans stop when they are travellin', time to time, "let their souls catch up with them". I'm not sure if it's my soul or my body, but I don't believe I'm all here just yet; thirty hours, door to door, most of it on the bus. And, while busses have come a long ways, it's still darn tricky come close to comfortable, comes time to nap. So, ya get a hour here, an hour there, and it's like ta take another hour straighten up from the lump ya might fall into, when ya can.

And, further more, the critters are well, though I haven't found the bunch yet, where I slept most a the day yesterday. And, we did lose Stinky. Young fella, stayed with the critters, reported him missin', 'bout Monday and had no luck with his efforts to find him. I did yesterday, just 'fore dark, when I did muster a wee walkabout, see if I could spot the bunch.

About a year now, he's been pretty blind, mostly deaf and recent, he was havin' trouble gettin' his rear end of the ground. The young fella stayed in the log house and Whichy, my girl pup, likely hung out there, too. I reckin', Stinko got to wonderin' where everyone was and went lookin', to the best of his somewhat, senile imagination. Looked like he got under a fence and couldn't get up. Little we can do. I suppose he's in the light. Just sorry I wasn't there for him, but time is time and least he passed in tall grass under blue skies. We'll go dig a hole and sing a song, here direct.

Anyway, my teacher did talk a little 'bout passin'; compared life to a deck a cards. "There is a first; that's birth. And, there is a last; make no mistake. But, the ones in the middle are blank and everyday you get a new one; up to us, how we color them. Make every one beautiful!"

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about Stinky. I know he'd been with you a long time. He was lucky to have had you for his human, to have been loved, valued, and cared for. And maybe, knowing it was his time, he'd have gone off even if you'd been there.

    I've known humans who waited to "leave" until their loved ones had left the room. Who knows why that happens, but maybe our love holds them, even when they need to be free to "fly", as my mom used to say.

    I'm happy though that you wrote about it, and that, at least for today, the Daily Trailer is back.

    ReplyDelete