Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Letter to A Friend

Glad to hear you'll be back in the neighborhood! And, yes, I'll sure keep you appraised a developments.

Fantastic conundrum; so much goin' on. The book's about to ship, somebody gave me 160 acres, out back here, for my foster home/ranch/horse rescue, five miles a fence ta fix, winter's comin', hay needs buyin' and, past food stamps, no visible means a support; tore up my shoulder and haven't been able to work. Then there's South Dakota, my Lakota friends and the part a me, just wants to go ride with 'em, 150th anniversary, 38+2; no idea how to manage or pay for any of it. All under fixed with the knowin', "it'll all work out".

One of my all time favorite stories; Odysseus and The Cliffs. You might know it, but he was on a ship, can't remember if he was goin' to the war or tryin' to get home. His ship was bein' blown into these cliffs and, all appearances, there was no way out; couldn't go right, couldn't go left, couldn't go back. His crew was freakin' out, but he just had an instinct to wait and watch. Well, turned out it wasn't a solid cliff; it was actually two, one slightly front of the other and there was a way, right down the middle. Just a little correction here, a little correction there.

Kinda reminds me a John Candy, Planes, Trains and Automobile, when he's drivin' that rental car, tries to take off his jacket and gets his arms stuck behind the seat. He crosses the median into on coming traffic, can't steer and there's two semi's comin' right at him. They move over just enough for the car, go right between 'em, minus the mirrors and all the metal on the side of the car!

I could never say my life is dull!

So, good to hear from you! Keep in touch.

Best, always!

jeune

1 comment:

  1. I do love that story ... FAITH. Gets hard when the wall looks solid. Praying your wall or sea divides. Wow ... doesn't it all just look impossible sometimes though. I believe it's not .... wish I could "see" better though, but moment by moment is sometimes all I get to see.

    I laughed a lot in the John Candy movie ... good 'ol clean kind of slapstick. He made another great movie about taking his wife and kids camping up North. :)

    Cool in the Northwoods this morning but humid. I hope those folks in the path of the hurricane are prepared. Lots of lives on the line.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete