Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birth Time

Good Mornin'

And thanks to all my friends, send me comments; they mean a lot and I don't always get a chance to respond. So, huge thanks, here, now and always, while I have the chance!

Otherwise, another beautiful mornin' and yes, I love the fall and the comin' of cooler air; even, if it's just the night and mornin' for starters. Went to a little birthday gatherin' last night; much as I'm a home body and hate to leave the critters, it was the 70th of a good friend and a small gatherin', 'mong other good friends. Someone mentioned how we tend to favor the time of day when we were born and so, maybe, time of year, as well; 'cause I sure come alive, with the comin' of fall.

Did have a nice time; plates of food piled with fresh garden vegetable, nice folks and a beautiful house, the owner and local medicine man, spent the last 20 years, buildin' by hand. Cards and birthday wishes, traded over a fresh zuchini cake, topped with vanilla ice cream.

Had to excuse myself, a little early, where I still needed to feed and check ponies and Whichy my dog, who I took along, recently loosin' her boyfriend, was a little uncomfortable with all the excitement. But, good for me, also, where, I, like Whichy, am used to a more placid routine of chores and critters, alone in the woods and the fields.

And, so, another day, walking, waiting, watching for/with Creator and how we all, me and the critters, might serve, enjoy and remind, "it's here and it's now and it's amazing; to be alive and make beautiful, for all of us, here on planet earth!". Why not?

Have a great day!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. It is indeed amazing to be alive, and to share that with other life forms on this amazing blue marble in space.
    Zucchini cake, yum. And Whichy .... I swear, girlfriend knows her photo is being taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice gathering of great folks! And ice cream and zuchinni cake too. Good you're taking Whichy out and about with you. I suppose she's a bit down in the dumps not having her Buddy with her. Happy Birthday to your Friend. :)

    I had a bunch of "dog" people here for our yearly get together. Great people and a good time, especially since I'm used to being alone and out and about with my 2 Girls in the woods. Just takes the right combination of people who understand the love of animals and nature I guess.

    Raining and blowing here this morning .. wish I could send some of this rain to Washington .. they sure could use it on their fires. Sure hope they get a miraculous rain right about now.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete