Monday, August 20, 2012

The I in We

Good Mornin'

Well, a nice mild day; pretty fair cloud cover, special out to the west. Hopeful, this'll be some a those coolin' rains, apt to come, early September, take the temps all down a notch; though I might be a little ahead a the curve.

I'm kinda waitin' on a call from a fella up in South Dakota, talk over a few questions I have 'bout the ride; where, how I might fit in. I'm still pretty amazed after this documentary and all, how the folks I talk to, who are actually in the movie, are so accessible, down to earth and hospitable. My mind, that's pretty amazin'; so often, folks get a little attention and, all of a sudden, they kinda leave the rest of us behind. Just hope I can rise to "the bar" and stick with the beautiful premise behind the ride and all, "none of us can do this alone; it's gonna take all of us!".

'Cause really, the Dakota 38, trajic as it was, this is just one small piece of the puzzle, even among our indigenous family; there's Wounded Knee, Chief Joseph's last stand, The Trail of Tears, The Navajo Long March, The Potawatomi Death March. The list goes on and on. And, everywhere there are "issues", with the Earth, the climate, polution and among different people. But, the beautiful point and, slightly ironic, until and unless we get off our "high horses", admit there are problems and we can't "lick 'em" alone, we aren't likely, get anywhere.

Just thinkin' last night, why I'm inclined, stay away from politics; so often it's just a tool, deftly used by some that got "power", keep us fightin', 'mong ourselves and keep the "power" in their hands. No coincidence, my mind, it's by an large a "two party system" and so many folks have "bi-polar disorder".

So, for a bunch a folks to climb on a "small horse", get together and ride, beyond the tar roads, a little less dependent on "the automobile", by pass the "oil cartel", reach out to one another and the ancestors, as it says, beginnin' of the documentary, "un-affiliated, with any political or religious agenda", but just people, wantin', knowin', "we" gotta find a way, this is truly, huge!

And, all I can say is, "yes, please, count me in; "we" gotta start somewhere!".

Have a great day!

Best,


P.S. Photo credit and thanks to Brandon Johnson, Santa Fe Photography
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photo!

    I'm in too, Jeune. Peace every step of your walk.

    My exact feelings about politics. Some say anything to win, and then when the winning is over, it's anybody's guess what the winner is ACTUALLY going to do. Drama. Destructive to the human mind kind-of-TV reality show.

    One by one, we can change this sweet gift of Earth ... love without expecting anything back, help without expecting anything back, etc. .... you cannot "out gift" the Creator. We put it out there, and it comes back 10-fold ... only if we don't do it out of "what do I get out of it." The feeling of giving "the gift" is enough. I like living there ... in the place where the Creator's light is shining. Not an easy thing, easy doesn't bring strength and growth though. Exercising the goodness inside of us does ... I believe this with all of my heart.

    Whatever happens with the ride, it will be a joy and a Spiritual adventure ... good anyway you look at it. :) Such wonderful people of the Earth to be around, learn, and offer your gift, and your gift is huge.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete