Friday, August 24, 2012

Lettin' On

Good Mornin'

Foggy this mornin'! And, way cooler. Did get some more showers late afternoon, there yesterday and ya, it sure has cooled off. And, I did get out to see the bunch evenin'; stoppin' to clean and spruce up Stinky's little memorial ground along the way.

The bunch, even at a distance, clearly full of fresh air and mischief, after the rain; blue sky visible here and there, boardered with magnificent silver and gold, rose and grey clouds, all back lit with the sun already down. I spotted 'em down on the flat toward the south, once I'd topped the hill; time I'd looked around, pick a path and cross the smooth wire fence, they'd made a dash up to the tank/pond, on the west slope, 'bout a hundred yards off to my left, just below the trees. Didn't seem like they was over interested in the pond, but, I think they'd seen me, when I spotted them, and took it a fair excuse, go somewhere fast as they could, and come up my way, 'out lettin' on they was glad to see me. They was millin' around by the water, some takin' a sip, some just dartin' and scootin', bitin' a rump, buckin' and prancin', waitin' on me, notice how handsome they were, wander over, scratch a belly; which I happily did. We hung together a minute or five, allowin' time for each and for each a second, more settled, sniff and hello, " yes, I do love you", as they mosied into a clump of trees, pickin' sprigs of grass, each watchin' my attention drift from one to the other, with rapt nonchalance.

Gettin' dark, I headed back, rearrangin' the gate closest to them, that offerred a way back to the north; huntin' season, only days away, I figure they may as well wander while they can. I walked half drunk with the cool moist air, thinkin' as usual, ways to expand and express our love of "together"; precious souls. Precious souls.

Have a nice afternoon!

Best,

P.S. Thanks, again, ta Brandon, our own Santa Fe Photography Pro
jeune

1 comment:

  1. When I closed my eyes, I could see the moment ... and almost hear and smell it too. Beautiful. Wish I could paint. :) Must have been a peaceful song of a sight.

    So, "rapt nonchalance," huh? :D I like that! Smiling!

    Hot here and humid ... oh well, plenty to do in the cabin ... in and out, in and out ... 2 fuzzy Girls joining me, until it seemed too much like work for them ... then they contentedly snored, raising one eyelid occasionally to keep track of me. Glad you walked with Stinky ... I'm sure he's seeing real good now and feeling great.

    Some days are almost too good-to-the-bone for words.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete