Monday, August 13, 2012

Guerilla Love

Good Evenin'

Well, another cooler day, with a little shower thrown in for good luck.

Simple day I suppose; half of it spent talkin' to folks about Dakota 38. The other, more prayer/listen time. Occurs to me, gettin' older, how time is so precious and I am surrounded by 10,000 things I could do, but I really want to know/feel/see, if possible, the most lovin'. Been a little like a sorta vision quest, I suppose, since I been back, but I'm startin' to feel a little like the old indian in "Little Big Man" who goes out to die and lies on the hill side, only to get woke up by a shower and decides, "it's not a good day to die". But, one way or another, it has been a gift; even to feel the longin' to know. Bottom line, however, I'm thinkin' it's time to get movin'; though there have been moments in my life, where some kind of vision, or dream came to me, I'd say, equal the times, where I just put one foot in front of the other and "the wisdom" slipped into the doin'. I suppose it's kinda like that sayin', "all's fair in love and war"; and, while I don't know much about war, I sure believe this is "love". So, I'll try anything or everything, if that's what it takes. And, I remember some advice, a wise man once give me to that effect; "do, undo, whatever it takes, so long as it does happen".

Sides, if anything has become clear, over the years, it would have to be "the gift". I mean really, what can we do; very little, very little. But with a little try and a "gift", it could just be that anything is possible.

Gotta leave you with this song from Dakota 38; it's an old song, pre-dates the documentary but this version is in the film. It's very sweet and I was just noticin' today how it's called "spirit medicine". Always knew it was a healing song, but just like the movie, many times it's really, all about our "spirit"; if that's poor, little will be well. If that is strong, even so many wrongs can be rit!

Have a nice night!

Best,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=NwUxXQlKvHs&fulldescription=1

jeune

1 comment:

  1. That song always soothes my soul.
    Good picture by Brandon Johnson ... got a nice capture there. :)

    I'm wondering in life when you realize what's "really going on," if a lot of living isn't undoing past belief systems, past thinking, previous way of doing life, etc. It's good to spend time every day in the Spirit world, and then you find really ever moment is there .... with the horses, with nature, with people. The body is temporary and all the "stuff" around us ... only the Spirit goes on; I believe it is eternal, so like you eluded to, should take priority. Good words, Jeune.

    Beautiful morning so far; although, still mostly dark out. Nice and cool with no breeze. A little bit of paradise. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete