Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Unfolded

Good Afternoon

And, another, peach! It's still gettin' warm, but the sun has shifted and we're past the intensity of summer, least up here, 7000 feet.

Got the tank back in the truck, but this time it's fer holes. Our ponds are pretty fair, since the rains of July, but I gotta set some posts, over on The Bend and water, sure helps; ya might can get a foot or so, with a bar, but add a gallon a water, let it sit a spell and that'll give ya two. "Repeat as necessary".

Talked to the young fella, might can weld a gate, but the fence on either side is "trash"; someone got a wild hair, one day and decided to drive a piece a heavy equipment, right over the top. Mighta been the neighbors, but the question has been addressed, so we won't re-prosecute; we all make mistakes, then hopeful, we all move on, "try not to repeat them", as a wise man once said.

Anyway, ya, cooler weather and I'm gettin' a hair more en-thusiast, as regards projects and ponies; heat and years make a tough couple. And, seems, I mighta crossed a bridge inside myself; no big deal, one hand, but personal, huge. Had a parent used to drink con-siderable and I remember first time I noticed, plain, likes kids can, eyes that haven't learn not to see; the reaction wasn't violent, so to say, but as I often say about horses, "you don't have to hit 'em with a hammer; moment in time, you just show it to 'em, and they completely understand the implications". So, it was more like that, I was simply and clearly, put on notice; "around here we don't notice anything! You go noticin' things and there will be consequences!"

Last night, I had a dream, simple really; it was a party and we'd all been there a while. Occurred to me this "parent" had been there too, wondering around, kinda like some odd host; wondering here and there, not particular engaged with anyone. Occured to me, get there attention, next time they passed by, introduce myself and I did. They stopped and looked at me, a little too close; a polite, but painted smile. I stood up, kinda leanin' on the back of the chair with one hand, compensate for their crowdin' me, like they were and, as I was able, moved the chair back a bit, so I could stand up straight and comfortable with a little fresh air 'tween us, my cowboy hat removed and held aside. I introduced myself usin' my full name and held out my hand. And, to my surprise, I noticed that they were quite small and only vaguely aware of our past; maybe anypast, anymore.

That parent passed away, when I was quite young and I suspect there were a lotta things we never got worked out, but I reckin' they just needed to go "home" and start over. But that dream, sure struck me, not 'cause it was "them" in any real sense, but a bad impression that may have been "crowdin'" me for some years; hostin' a strange party, where no one "notices" anyone and never "says" anything. So, come to a point in my life, where I had to/could stand up and say my name, understand I've grown, real and taller than the past, that's somethin'; might have taken 50 years, but still somethin'!

And, maybe, just understandin' the difference 'tween the person and the "ghost", lets me bury the "ghost" and keep the person; afterall, my own ancestor, human like me.


Have a nice evening.

Best,


jeune

2 comments:

  1. I once asked a class that had just watched Sherman Alexie's film "Smoke Signals" if it was necessary to forgive those who had hurt us in order to be able to live a happy life. Some said "yes", some didn't know, but a few just shook their heads, grim looks on their faces, and said that they could never ever forgive. How deep that hurt must have been for them to state with certitude that they would never, could never heal.

    What a blessing to have grown and deepened to the point where that forgiveness and release can just flow in on its own wings. How sweet to have such a clear memory of the dream/vision that brought everything into perspective. I admire the courage it must have taken for you to put this out publicly.

    Thank you for sharing this, Jeune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good eyes to look into yourself and find the ghost in your dream. I understand.

    I read an article that said forgiveness has many layers ... it's not a single act to be completed in one sitting (Clarissa Pinkola-Estes who wrote Women Who Run with the Wolves). It is an act of "creation" that can take a long time. It made a light shine into some of my dark corners where the ghosts lurk to clutch my soul in sadness and pain sometimes. I don't want to go there and see the darkness. I want to smile from a place of peace, love, and contentment though, so I shine the light in the dark corners, smile at the ghosts, and they melt ... LOL! They don't like happy.

    Thank you, Jeune. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete