Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Promise

Good Evenin'

Well, we are coolin' off! Nothin' dramatic, but sure; evenin's special.

And, I did find the bunch this evenin'! Everybody lookin' good, if a little on the "tubby"side; all that rain we got there, July, sure did push up some grass. We got gramma grass well over a foot tall.

And, I did talk to Jim Miller this mornin', 'bout the ride to Mankato; awful kind a him and his wife. I'd sent an email askin' for information, figurin' I'd get passed on, but Jim's wife, Alberta just wrote me back and said "here's the number, give a holler!".

I know it might sound funny, but somehow, I feel like I've been waitin' my whole life for this; waitin' for the crack in the wall. Maybe it comes in different ways to different folks; different times of their life. A part a me been thinkin', "no, no, not now, I'm old and tore up!". Another parta me just sayin' "thank you, thank you!". Number one, if the wall does crack and a person can understand what that means, how much that means, who cares when! Number two, what better time, than just when ya figure, yer outta gas; all that love, all that hope, that ya mighta held up all yourlife, for that to rise up and meet the promise, that's just huge. Like a whole another fuel tank ya never even knew ya had; take it all on home!

Anyway, it is late and it's been quite a day; beans and beddin'.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful picture! :)

    Happy to hear you found the bunch, chubbing up for the winter. :)

    There are no words really for what you're feeling, so just know how elated I am for you! The crack lets the light enter and renews you ... so nice and warm. "He thought in his heart he could do it, and so he did!"

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to add ... There is a Man I saw in the news who just finished a marathon at the age of 100 ... it's just a number being a certain age. It's only what you think of yourself that counts.

      Delete