Thursday, September 13, 2012

Always Comes Back to Us!

Good Evenin'

And, the rain has passed, droppin' the temp pretty fair, but it was a beautiful day. Hadn't got out, with the rain and all, find the bunch, a couple a days now, so I did head out this aft'. Don't know where they were, but nowhere in sight. Even took the truck, when I got back, drove clear up to the north end, where the fence could use some patchin' and still, no sign. But, we'll give it another go tomorrow.

And, go I better, as, come to find out, we do have some hunters comin' in. Time to gather 'em up, close the gates and keep 'em up on the south; hopeful, outta harms way. And, back to haulin' water; I did check the ponds and hard as it rained, pond on the south end, didn't pick up at all.

Anyway, cooler temps, beautiful days and green, green with the last dose a rain. Stood out on the old dam, comes off the west slope a the ridge that runs up the east side, waitin' and watchin', see if the horses might show. Pretty as a picture, with sunshine, a breeze and clouds slidin' hither and yon. Kinda hate ta see the hunters come in; the land and the critters, so alive and aware, tryin' so hard to survive. Seldom get a sense, folks that come and go, there's any thankful feel. And, that just don't seem right.

So, maybe, there's somethin' for me; reminder to love all I can. It is, afterall, my great good fortune, be able to stay the year round, and, for that, I might could give thanks a my own.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture.

    I can understand that amazing feeling of being thankful to get to stay here all year long. So peaceful and untouched ... gunshots just rip you out from behind that veil between beauty and uneasiness. I'm always glad when the season ends and no one got shot. After that first day of shooting, it gets pretty quiet .... animals go waaaay back in the wilderness. I'm about ready to go with them.

    Beautiful day in the neighborhood here ... sunny ... 48 degrees ... just perfect for getting my chores done and Stella walked. Oh my but the leaves are getting pretty!

    I hope you've got the bunch gated in. Wear blaze orange something ... wouldn't want you mistaken for whatever their hunting out your way. Take care.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Take care of yourself, Jeune. These guys get a few beers in them.....

    ReplyDelete