Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beholders

Good Evenin'

And, yes, another nice one! Just a hair off the past number, but real pleasant. Looks like we'll have a little cloud cover, day or two.

Anyway, hardly got anything done, save a little correspondence; see if I can shake myself a little tomorrow, get after some things I likely should. We'll write this one off to a lazy Sunday, but, I did enjoy the quiet time and got a walk, 'fore dark; visit the bunch who'd come in low, down by the gate. Looked like they was happy, be back out; all covered with mud like, first thing, they'd gone for a roll in the pond.

I let 'em out last night, soon as I knew the hunters were gone; checked with the outfitter and we won't have any more 'till the end a October. Found 'em up by the drinker, fashioned a lead line from balin' twine and took 'em across the valley to the low gate and opened 'er up. Funny watch 'em head out kinda timid. Maybe it was my imagination, but it seemed the horses could feel how strangers had been on their ground, lookin' through foreign eyes and Earth herself, was kinda disturbed, used as she's become to the lovin' and only eyes, me and the horses. Really made me think; how little we understand. Made me wonder how we learn to ignore, so much, that's so good and miraculous. 'Cause we don't have time? Inconvenient? I don't know, but it is disturbin'. One thing for a lion or a bear, but for humans, with all our gifts; that's a shame, a real shame.

Anyway, seems Earth, like a true mother, just keeps on giving, forgiving, but sometimes it's hard to watch; just wish there was more I could do. Who knows? My best, I guess; just my best.

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

2 comments:

  1. Wonder the same thing, Jeune. I like what you said about the Earth being disturbed and the horses knowing it ... which I believe strongly that they do. I'm glad that after the first "shot," the animals here are scared mostly into the back 2 million acres. Too much liquid refreshment sometimes goes along with some hunting trips. Keeps them inside hunting for the aspirin. :D

    The Earth I live on is a "sanctuary," no fighting verbally or otherwise allowed here, no shooting. There sure is a feeling outside of the city no matter where that is for every area of the country. After leaving all the chaos behind, a person can "feel."

    From the pictures of the land and the horses, you sure do live in a sanctuary. What a beautiful life of living close to what can be heard that's important. It sure does speak to a person in its own way.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. People make choices, and choices have consequences which many folks don't or don't want to acknowledge. Always looking to blame someone or something else. It seems crazy, but I've seen it so many times that it doesn't surprise me any more. There's a certain arrogance behind it that critters just don't have. They live in the moment, because for many, their very survival depends on it. It used to be like that for humans, but we're a long way away from that now. Disturbin' indeed!

    ReplyDelete