Sunday, September 16, 2012

Special Edition

Good Mornin'

And, a peach it is; sunny and mild, with just a gentle breeze from the south.

And, reason for my "special edition" is to promote a revolution! And, so's not to excite, homeland security, let me confirm my hope, that this would be a peaceful revolution; after all, to revolve is simply to turn around.

But, I must admit, some of the thinking does, likely, go back to some marginal characters in history. The supposition, however is simple and logical; it is in the great interest of those in "power" to promote the "principle of scarcity" to justify "their" jobs as defenders of "the average" citizen. The problem, seems to me, that the very same folks, might actually create a scarcity to maintain their argument; in fact, one could suppose that the "art" of creatin' laws, for example, that look good, but ultimately contribute to an overall disfunction, has become the great "acheivement" of modern day politics.

But, without gettin' too cynical, let's just suppose it's a matter of confusion and circumstance; people, by and large, mean well, but sortin' out "ends and means" can get complicated.

So, my "revolution" would simply amount to us "average citizens" supposin' that, in fact, there was no scarcity; that, just maybe, there was an abundance. It's simple and it can require a little effort, go beyond the voice of doubt, whether within' or without; but, I believe, highly, worth the effort. Afterall, if we had a mirror, would we rather see ourselves, shrinkin', helpless and scared behind our locked door, or cheerful and confident, brave enough, to say "yes, there will be enough" and take the "abundant" opportunity, lend a hand.

And, yes, I do have a "card up my sleeve"; I'm gettin' old, stove up and I'm hopin' ta start a foster home/horse rescue, here, middle a nowhere, New Mexico. And, yes, I'm gonna need a lot of help. But, I DO believe, the moment and the math; either we get smaller and the world darker, or, we turn around and say, "no, this house, my home, is the home of the brave!" and, with courage we turn around and act, in contradiction to the voices of doom and gloom.

If, as they say, doubt is a self fulfilling prophecy, "if you believe you can't, you're right!", then, it's just possible, so is faith; "yes, we can!".

Have a great revolution!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. I had an elderly man tell me once, "You keep walking in the right direction, getting off track now and then maybe like all people, but then keep your eyes on the "right," you'll get there! Mark my words!" He was right ... patience, I took a step back sometimes and took a look, more patience, hard work ... lots of hard work, gets you there.

    I positively believe in good folks doing good things. Thanks, Jeune. :)

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete