Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sweet Company

Good Evenin'

And, ya, another peach! And, consistent with another month passin', we got another ten degree drop in daily temps; hung right around 70 degrees today.

And, I sure got little done; far as I know. Lots a visitin' about the book, but, ranch hand point a view, not a lot a doin'. Best of it, a walk ta find the bunch, sundown; hangin' by the drinker, over the ridge and down the valley. I been remiss, checkin' their water and they was standin' around, ponderin' the same; Tubby lickin' the bottom of the barrel, pawin' at the side.

I give everyone a rub and a scratch, kiss for the Queen Missy Mum, figured I'd head back, maybe haul a tank with the moonlight. Lo and behold, they all decided to tag along; just for me, I figure. I could tell I was a little stressed with all the "non-doin'" of the day and I sure felt better once I seen the bunch; deeply relieved, and, I suspect they knew it. So, followin' me for a while, well, it just felt good; real good and "good"'s got away a wantin' to stretch itself out and around. Weren't no water there anyhow. So, hike we did, all cozied up, strollin' and lookin'; enjoyin' the all and the close, and the sweet fall a night.

Comin' down the home stretch, I figured I'd head for the pond; end a the month, moonlight, no sense takin' 'em back to the barn, seein' the boys and puttin' ideas in the bonnet, them girls. So, they all got a drink and began to much, and I slipped away, in the growin' dim, headin', the gate at the bottom.

Back to the barn, the boys, the books and some beans.

Have a nice night!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful setting ... what a beautiful life. Moment by moment, we either add joy to our lives or subtract it. You are adding it when you visit the bunch and nature ... it's your "home."

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete