Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Road to Town

Good Evenin'

And, quite a beautiful day! Turned out ta be a kinda birthday, unbeknownst ta me. My once a month ride ta town for groceries, figured she wouldn't see me 'til after, so she gave me a jar a canned peaches, a jar a apple butter and bought me a five dollar submarine sandwich, with three, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies; thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Anyway, way kind a her, but she's kinda catholic and she takes a lotta pride and pleasure, doin' nice things for folks; who can argue? Not me!

And, oddly enough, the whole day kinda started on a festive note like that. Bull Chapman, a real nice young fella from over Lybrook stopped by as he does on occasion and I brought him out a book and signed it for him and his family. He was pretty surprised and impressed, I'd say, old fella like me, livin' in a tent, handin' him a nice book like that; look on his face made my day. But, then, two, three winters back when I got pretty sick, Bull stopped by and give me twenty bucks, one day, no reason. So, I guess you could say, he's made my day before.

Then, knowin' I had a ride ta town, I figured it wouldn't hurt ta give a shave and jump in the tub, where it has been a little while and my ride does like "tidy". So, shave and dunk it was, clean clothes ta boot and any day starts out with a bath and clean clothes is bound ta be a holiday; special when it'd barely hit 60 degrees, wow!

Anyway, it was a day. And, I got another half dozen books mailed, which is party enough, all by itself. Not that they're like ta change the world, but I'll bet ya dimes to dollars, at least one page'll make someone smile and I'll get to hear "which one". I think that's what they call a "win-win" situation.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Well, you get all shined up like that in the cold wee hours of the morning, you're bound to have a good day ... and eating my favorite cookies too! The homemade canned apple butter and peaches will sure be good eating around January ... if they make it that far. Very nice of her.

    What a good man to come over and help you when you were feeling poorly. Nice to give him a book. He'll treasure it I'm sure, along with his Family, with lots of smiles. I think there are many wonderful people in the world ... we just have to attract them in kind. I hope "kindness" starts getting more press in the media ... it will surely without effort multiply, just like the violence they report has.

    I hope it's another "butte" today. Can you fax me one of those cookies please? :D

    Blessings on an early Birthday celebration,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete