Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Taller Yet

Good Afternoon,

And, ya, another peach! Got up a little late; up late listenin' to my neighbors cows ballin', complainin' 'bout the patch a dirt he's had 'em penned up on, better'n a week now. Considerin' a walk with my wire cutters; figurin' how ta make it look "natural", where he might reconsider, just how long ya can starve a cow 'fore they take matters in hand, or horn, as the case may be. Anyway, it's quiet today; either he musta broke down and fed 'em, turned 'em out or, my experiments in telepathy worked, and the cows tore a hole in the fence last night.

Otherwise, just chewin' on this "taller" question; as it does sometimes occur, "that next step can seem like a wall". And, take it a "step" futher, less ya get taller, sometimes it's hard, distinguish a step from a wall; even know which way to go.

But, then there are those words of wisdom, passed down through time, like, "more faith, more grace". And, I suppose I like those special, 'cause they're so simple and easy to see. So much bein' given every day; life! And, seems to me, I can either worry or trust. Worry, I've heard compared to a rockin' chair; it'll pass time, but it'll never get ya anywhere. Trust, well, it really is like that plant; it might not look like it's doin' anything, but, sure enough, in it's very stillness, it's soakin' up that light and just lettin' it turn to "tall". Wow!

Have a nice afternoon!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pine tree!

    "In it's very stillness ..." I like that. We've forgotten as a culture to be "still" and like it. Silences in a conversation are considered almost awkward .... instead of like a nice breath of fresh air to let our thoughts whirl and let those thoughts then take time to settle and calm a bit before talking/making things happen. Silence and listening makes you "taller." Works for me I guess. Something like a contented feeling that whatever is coming is "good."

    Don't have a horse to sit on but plenty of big boulders ... good place to think and feel the stillness before the growth.

    Thank you, Jeune!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete