Saturday, September 29, 2012

Love, Trust and Patience

Good Evenin'

Well, another beautiful day, and this time I didn't even get my evenin' stroll. Consolation, I did get a few minutes in the round pen with Ruben. And, really it was just a few, but sweet they were. Same old ritual, just askin' him move this way and that, askin' if he might consider a little engagement, then a visit; story time, in the still and quiet. "What you think; how you feel?".

Just plain fascinatin', watch for changes; tonight, a little sniff. Sorry, but that's kinda new; just a little different. And, it could seem ridiculous; big deal! But, ya know, if a horse is worried, he won't bother. That's a change!

And me, "how's it feel, whadya think?". I think I love you more than ever and I'll wait, if that's what it takes, until you're ready, be yourself in trust.

I was thinkin' just the other day, 'bout love and trust; how, you could say, love is like sun and trust is like water. A plant needs both to grow. Even love, all by itself, well, it's funny, it can be extreme and one sided; sometimes burn. And, too much water, well, there too, it can cause a root to rot. But, put them together in good soil, and now ya got somethin' can flourish.

Can't pretend I understand Ruben, for sure, but I'll keep watchin' and waitin, see if the water don't clear. I know it's been slow, but I'd have to say sure, even if, just a sniff.

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. That's a good thought "But, ya know, if a horse is worried, he won't bother." Good for everyone to keep in mind about all living things.

    I like your analogy about love and trust. Takes time and patience ... and balance.

    I read this quote about dog.
    Human to dog, "If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking," and he'd look at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." ~ Fred Jungclaus ~
    Laughing! I think you are a little smarter, Jeune. Trying to learn the language of the horse in the way they move, the flick of the tail, the look of the eye, the sniff.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost like a dance, what you do with the horses..... with a little therapy mixed in. All about finding the right balance, and fascinating to read about.

    ReplyDelete