Saturday, September 15, 2012

Trouble With Trouble

Good Evenin'

Well, another peach of a day! Sunny, breezy and cool, cool.

And, I suppose, most noteworthy, the book shipped! They say it should be here mid to late week, next. And, I sure hope it don't dissapoint; so many folks kind enough to order in advance, sight unseen. But, I suppose, time'll tell; least we know the pictures are good.

Otherwise, brought the bunch down to the south end and shut the gate. And, I know, it's a matter a course, owners gotta pay the bills and hunters come with dough, but it is kinda sad; the bunch loves ta wander. Don't know if he was readin' my mind and figured he'd play it, in case, but Big just sat there, once I'd closed the gate, starin' at it, like the end of the world.

He's such a card, I can't begin, but it sure made me wonder; was it really the wanderin', or, could it be he's gettin' old and knows that this marks the end of another summer; tall grass, warm days and wanderin' with the bunch. Don't know, but he sure seemed ta mean it, whatever it was and it sure touched my heart; old fella's as sweet as they come, no holds barred.

Anyway, I wandered up the hill, mendin' fence as I did, and closed the gate at the top. Last light, I seen the bunch headin west and chuckled, 'cause there's holes over there and we know the grass is greener. Queen Miss out in front and smart as she is, she likely had a plan. Oh, well, tomorrow's another day.

Trouble makers, all of 'em; and, worst of it is, I love 'em all the more.

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. Just poignant, mixture of sad and sweet. Sad because they lose their freedom in favor of their safety, sweet because they still have hope for freedom again.

    Good news about the book! Looking forward to actually having it in hand.

    ReplyDelete