Monday, September 10, 2012

Direction

Good Mornin'

Definitely, now, into the September cool; should mean some rain and we do have some cloud cover. Probably oughta peek at the weather, maybe start thinkin' of wood. Cool enough for a fire evenin' time, even just, take off the chill.

Still thinkin' about how things fit together, the book, the Bend, people I been meetin', the horses and something I been noticin'; maybe a difference tween' men and women. Occured to me how men are kinda good at fightin' the wars, even some women, now, with the curious attempt of women ta prove there "just as good", a questionable premiss, my mind, as men somehow remain "the standard", but, seems I been noticin' late, the funny emptiness that follows, "the war". Even as "the conqueror" stands on the podium, an uneasy question, haunts the air; "so, now, what?". Seems, to play out strangely, so as to avoid the question, "well, let's find another dragon ta slay", and, absent a real one, we simply create one.

Maybe why I'm so drawn to horses. When there's a threat, or question of a threat, my Big horse'll take the lead and most everyone'll cue off him, but I can't ignore, "peacetime" how the mares, really seem like the life of the herd. Thinkin' about younguns, feed and feel of the "herd". Order, like a good place to raise kids, where they'd get all the play and learnin', exposure to the old horses, for them to grow up and run a herd of their own.

So, out gettin' into a big theo-political debate, I suppose this lends itself to my consideration, this foster home comes together, kinda steer it toward the horses and the ladies. Seems to me, we seen enough of war for war sake and it might be well time, consider a life actually goin' some where, like the mares seem to know, raisin' smart, happy kids, in pastures, with good healthy grass.

Simple shift, but, oh, what a difference it might make.

Have a nice day!

Best

P.S. Sorry don't know who gets the credit on that picture, but thanks for sure!
jeune

3 comments:

  1. Well ... I guess I noticed a bit of a difference between men and women too. I have to say, I'm weary with the warring, and the gangs, and the fighting for what? Then, settle that down, and it starts up all over again because of skin color, someone wore their hat backwards, ad nauseum. Nothing new under the sun I suppose.

    A society where matriarchal or patriarchal "rule" could not be at all determined might be a nice idea, as long as everyone, men and women, can work together, no one higher, no one lower, the absence of nitpicking and gossip ... everyone equal and loved, each has a kind of work they enjoy and are good at, and to cross over and help anyone who needs help. No .... more .... status. We are all separate physical beings living in our own skin but one in the Spirit world, working for the ultimate good in a simple way, nature's way ... the ultimate best way.

    But make no bones about it, even in the animal world, the presence of a handsome male or beautiful female, be it whatever one would call handsome or beautiful (it's funny how there are many different views of that based on the looker and lookee, and based on the wisdom of age), my head can sure be turned. I was made human, and I'm not dead yet! Although, I notice the older I get, the more the man/woman notion takes a back seat in the heart ... people, all people, I come in contact with are unique and amazing. :)

    I like the idea of shift, a shift to men and women coming together with their strengths, to accomplish what's REALLY important. Why is there all of this expenditure on blowing each other up when there are hospitals to build, schools to build, kids to clothe and feed, animals to tend to? It obviously isn't working blowing each other up and maiming each other ... been going at it for years now.

    Picture up top is priceless. :) All coming together to care for the Kid. The wind will stop blowing in MN now ... LOL! :D

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's start our own Earth-Friendly Community! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wise man I know said recently, "The only thing that can replace greed in this world is consciousness."

    Humans who lack consciousness can find themselves propelled by greed, which I tend to look at as an extreme fear of having to go without. No matter how much they have, it's never enough for some, and therefore others live in actual want.

    Look at the Walton family of the WalMart fortune. Unlike Target and Costco, Walmart pays their workers as little as possible, and mostly does not give them healthcare. Why? Good question, since the Waltons already have more money than they could spend in a hundred lifetimes. It just makes no sense.

    Good on ya, Jeune, for writing about this.

    ReplyDelete