Monday, September 24, 2012

Kindness Everywhere

Good Evenin'

And, it's rainin'; gotta love the fall! Responsible for the most beautiful and the most wonderful miserable weather on God's green earth; both fantastical humbling.

I am writin' late, it's almost tomorrow, but I sent off a promo copy of the book to a wonderful woman, rodeo photograper and top notch cowgirl, I know, who'as likely forgot more than I'll ever know and she liked it! I've been stumblin' around in a daze; no way I can figure, but it sure made my day, week, month, well, heck, it's five years it took me get that book done. Only thing I can come up with is that old saw, "Creator takes care of kids, old dogs and fools", and as I often add, "I qualify on all three accounts". Really, only thing I can figure; He/She/Creator musta a slipped somethin' in there I didn't even see, but I can't afford to argue. One a those things they teach you in kindergarden, "just say thank you". But, jimminy, that's an awful lotta kindness; every which way.

And, I did get to see the bunch, this eve. Hauled a tank a water, checked the gate off the BLM, the partner's house on the westside and stopped, say hello, the way back. Always good to see 'em, busy as they are, grabbin' calories for winter. And, the light was pretty as a picture; sun comin' in low under the clouds, just a 'fore it set. They was grazin' down near the road, an area that catches quite some rain. There's a grass there, might be sacatone, but it has a purple stem, with a golden "cattail" like head. Anyway, way the light was comin' in all low and sweet gold and the grasses were all lit up, it was quite a stunnin' mix, a greens and golds and purples, all aglow, all around the ponies. We don't do flashy like they do back east, falltime, but we sure do rich!

I better turn in.

Have a good one!

Best
jeune

1 comment:

  1. It sure sounds "rich" to me. :) Don't need a picture to see what you're describing .... peace at its best.

    Look in the mirror ... the Man looking back wrote something good ... of course Creator is in there, He/She is in you. Makes such a powerful, sweet combination.

    Cool in the North ... 27 degrees ... nice. Getting done what needs to be done before snow ... right around the corner. I love the rhythm of "life." What a gift to experience what we have been given. Everyday something new and beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete