Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Smidge a Sunshine

Good Evenin'

Not much more snow, since yesterday, and it kinda looked like it was breakin' up this evenin', but I reckin' we'll find out tomorrow.

And, another simple day. Feedin', firewood and a quick run to the neighbors, borrow a little corn flour. Sounds like they might make a run to town, this week and they offered ta give me a lift. My other friend with the broke down truck, had to go outta town, visit her mom, and I sure could use some staples, that the tradin' post don't carry.

Anyway, it'll all work out, one way or tuther; the heart fire's burnin', and last time I checked, we was still on course and coverin' sky.

And, unsettled and all, it was a beautiful day; cool and moist, the branches all frosted and heavy with the wet snow of spring. The woods were quiet, the walkin' was easy and I did find some wood, wasn't covered.

I made a loop early, where the bunch hadn't come in for hay; I wasn't real concerned, but I was curious as to where and what they were doin'. And, like I said, the air was so fresh, it was kinda invitin'. Funny, about the bunch; all that wet snow, with mud underneath, I couldn't find a track. I made a fair loop; down the line, up over the ridge, across the top and back down to camp. Then when they showed up, about two, and I made a run for wood, same, same; I couldn't figure where they'd been or which way they got back to camp. Sometimes I think they just disappear; "re" when they make up their mind. Wouldn't surprise me a bit; always figured them mostly magic, just hang around to keep me from trouble.

Have a nice night!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. I believe that! They are magic! How they can reach into the heart/soul just by being near is a miracle.

    I love the hushed beauty of snow ... about 10 more inches here. It's amazing, with almost a Sacred feel to it.

    Glad you have neighbors close enough to borrow a little corn meal from . It'll be good to get to town though.

    Enjoy the beauty,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete