Monday, March 18, 2013

Patience and Trust

Good Evenin'

And, a fair day! The cold air did come in behind that little patch a clouds we had over the weekend and it was fair breezy, but all in all, not bad.

Made a little progress on the administrative side and took a look at the medical side, along with the feedin' and firewood, which don't sound like much, but everything takes time. I suppose I look more like a boss than a ranch hand, but if I had the dough, I'd hire someone for boss, in a new york minute, go get the ponies and head for the hills, happily pass my days fixin' fence.

But, way I figure, I've always been shy on patience, and the chance to learn, I've got in "spades", and for that I should be grateful. No wonder I keep comin' back to the story of ol' Odysseus, I believe he was headin' for home, but the jist of it was, his ship was headin' for cliffs; wind and tide all agin'. His crew was all a bother, runnin' and screamin', all about, but Odysseus, just had a hunch to wait. He waited and waited, his crew fit ta jump, when all of a sudden he saw the trick; it was one cliff in front of another, with a way between the two, back to open water.

And, way I figure, I've wiggled and wiggled, best I know how, only for sure, there ain't no easy answer. So, patience it is, I'll do what I can, but most of all be patient, so that, when the break comes, whenever, however, I'm poised and ready ta run; look back an just say "thanks".

Come ta think of it, I reckin' trust, is a big part of patience, and I do love trust; maybe I just never put "two with the two" and noticed the beautiful "four". But I sure have noticed, past few days, the value of "no" for doubt. It'll dress up like this, it'll dress up like that, but I do believe it's true; it'll only leave you poor. So, I'll stick with my old greek friend and his message passed down through time, if you wanta get home, only patience and trust'll do.

Anyway, good night and sweet dreams.

Best,


jeune

2 comments:

  1. I like that ... "the beautiful four." Sometimes I guess all there is to do is watch, hold your position, do your best "try," and know the Creator will show the way between the cliffs.

    What wonderful thoughts to start my day! Trust and Patience. Thank you, Jeune.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a wise man used to say, "Never leave room for doubt in your mind." Now doubt can be useful in the face of politicians or salespeople, but not in the realm of the heart or of Creator. That's when doubt most certainly needs to yield to trust.



    ReplyDelete