Saturday, March 30, 2013

Big Puffy Clouds

Good Evenin'

And, a butte; mild, breezy and, ya, big puffy white clouds. Kinda unusual, see those kinda clouds, this time a year, but not surprisin' when ya figure everything's different these days.

And it got way late; old friend a mine posted a question on facebook, "what is real?". And, for some reason I was so excited to see somethin' like that, I couldn't help my self and I wrote a short book; non-fiction, best I knew how. He's a truly, fine horseman and he mighta been kiddin', but I still couldn't help myself. And, who knows, it mighta been embarrasin' for him and all his friends, but my heart wanted out and out it came.

I read it over, two or three times and can't say whether it made a lot a sense, but I knew the truth behind it, so I called it good and sent it off. He commented back with a smile, so I closed "the book".

I figure that's as close as it gets.

Course of it all, I was rememberin that quote from The Little Prince; "one sees clearly, only with the heart; anything essential, invisible to the eye". (St. Exupery) It's so easy to read that and say, "oh, isn't that nice; how sentimental". But, I've worked fair serious on that question and come to the beginning, not conclusion, that it's anything "but". There's a part of us that has nothin' ta do with the eyes or the mind, that truly can see; a way we can know that's not a thought. And, where heart's a good a word as any, it all makes perfect sense; what could be more essential than reality.

Have a wonderful night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. What a great question! ... what is real? If you ask a million people, I imagine you'll get a million different answers. Your answer was amazing .... you made me think.

    I suppose in my pea brain ... everything is "real." When I tripped and hit my head on an oak table, raising up a goose egg and bruise, I'm telling you, that was real! Tangible reality that I can touch though is just an assemblage of molecules ... the new oak end table set down by the new sofa is deteriorating as soon as it is "born," as are our bodies, the temporary kind of "real" whose molecules change and shape shift. The feeling of heart to heart, soul to soul, and relationship with Creator, well, as that "real" ages, it has the capacity to grow INFINITELY, no deterioration, no death, and as you say, I believe it's nameless, not describable with earthly words. That "real" has substance and gets better with time. I'll take the eternal real ... it's the only one that satisfies. Amazing thing to think about, Jeune!

    Beautiful picture of puffy clouds and wide-open spaces ... Spring has sprung! I even see a small patch of dirt in the north country.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete