Thursday, March 28, 2013

Feelin' All Right

Good Evenin'

And, another mild one; some overcast and breezy, but fair pleasant.

Got my chores done, my correspondence in, a wee load a firewood, lunch and off to see the young horse down the way. All went fairly well, though, first outtin' on the year, he was a bit wild and he did give me a wee "love tap" with a hind foot, on my blind side; so, I guess you could say we were both shakin' off the cobb webs of winter. We likely spent a good hour and a half together, and, time we were done, I'd say we were both pretty happy with the feel a things. Never got around to the trailer part, side my sittin' down on the back and him sniffin' round, but a good foundation, I believe we struck and Saturday, the weather holds up, we'll see if we can't build on the feel and check out the trailer.

Funny, a horse is all feel; but they get around us humans and figure they must be "wrong", where we can lack so much. All that time we spent, was just to remind him "he's right" and the best part of feel is "together". Sweet kid; tall and handsome, kinda chestnut with a black and flax mane, white socks and a big beautiful white blaze on his forehead and face. I should a took a "pic", but I'll try and remember next time; the picture above is me and Julio from a few years back. (Thanks to Brandon Johnson)

Have a nice night!

Best,


jeune

1 comment:

  1. That time and patience you give .... it's priceless. Why rush and push ... which could leave physical and emotional scars. I bet he's a handsome young 'un ... kicking up his heels ... declaring his joy. Unfortunate that a heel got a little to close to you .. hope there's no soreness for you today. I'm smiling at the experience of it all though ... the chance to get to know another animal soul and help him on his journey with kindness. :)

    Snow melt here ... every Spring, wonder if I'll ever see dirt again ... Laughing! Birds singing ... deer moving .... Earth yawning and stretching from a long winter's nap. Sweet.

    Enjoy the day!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete