Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Siesta

Good Evenin'

And, a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Sunny, 50 some degrees with gentle breezes.

And, that new moon musta made a difference; woke up just fine this mornin'. Got everyone fed, checked in on a friend who's been a little under the weather, actually two, and headed off to the tradin' post.

I thought about makin' a stop, comin' home, a book I still need to deliver, but knowin' the ponies'd be needin' a flake and the boys'd be lookin' for "out", decided to come straight on back. And, it's gettin' funny and funnier watch the Wedo warm up; actually the both of them, Whichy, too. Stinko was "the boyfriend", Wedo and her, it's more like big sister, little "goofy" brother. But they're sortin' it out, and time for the forest and firewood, Wedo even came out about 30 yards; I goaded him just a little, down on my hands and knees, but out he came, got a rub, then decided "that was pretty good for today".

Anyway, got a few groceries and, hopeful, now, with the milder weather, I can make a little headway, here around the yard.

Keep comin' back to that "trail less travelled". It's kind of an "edgy" way to live. I mighta mentioned before, how there's really nowhere to look for reassurance, but a course there is; trick is, it's that place within', where there are no words, just a step, a prayer, trust and a feel.

I am extremely lucky, same time; fact is there is no "trail well travelled". We might think so, and think there are all kinda folk we can ask for advice and reassurance. And, it might even appear to be true, but as the "good book" says, "it's never been you, never today and we've never been here before". Beautiful quote I remember from a great saint; "Lord I am blind; You, my only stick".

Have a nice night!

Best,

jeune

1 comment:

  1. What a "sliced-right-to-the-bone" quote that is .... perfect. Such a relief to know I don't have to worry and fret, unless I really want to for something to do.

    Wedo fits right in ... nice that they have a "different" kind of relationship .... makes life interesting for Whichy figuring out what he's going to do next. Their bond will be fun to watch grow. Nice of you to get down and coax Wedo out a bit ... animals sure take lots of love and patience. Patience is a big one. I think they can "feel" impatience even if the person is just standing there. Critters are amazing, and so is a patient Teacher ..... that would be you.

    It was -6 degrees this morning ... yep, one day closer to Spring!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete