Saturday, November 10, 2012

A New Attitude

Good Evenin'

Well, the cold air sure come in behind the moisture! Woke up to a chilly "white christmas"; don't think we made it above 30 few degrees all day and fair breezy ta boot.

And, I also woke up with a new attitude toward my quiet/prayer time. I was talkin' to a friend and he asked what I meant. Only thing I could think, was to compare it to a good friend I'd been meetin' for coffee, every mornin' most of my life. And, to suppose I was meetin' this hypo-thetical friend, 'cause his company always improved my mood. 'Til one day it occurred to me, what if I went to meet him and, instead of grumpy as I'm accustomed, I went just a little more enthusiastic; maybe even grateful, heaven forbid, after all these years. Well, it might be like startin' from the "plus" column, 'stead a my usual "minus" whatever.

It was a simple consideration, but, first go and I would say, it really made a difference! And, it is kinda funny, in a pathetic kinda way; all these years, some kinda attitude I picked up from goodness knows where, "well if Creator's so wonderful, I can just be my miserable old self, and by golly, it's just his/her job to just pick me up and make everything better!". So, almost forty years, since I took on the practice and it finally occurs to me, "ya know, a little gratitude, a smidgeon of enthusiasm, it just might sweeten the whole deal".

Just call me Speedy Quick!

Anyway, I might not be the quickest, but better late than never and, who knows, but I do believe I turned a corner. So, in keepin' with my lighter, bright attitude, I'll celebrate the corner and leave the clock and calendar for the grumps.

I wouldn't say that attitude is everything, but even, if it made a small difference, well, it sure is affordable, no?

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. That's one of those things you hear and never forget ... wonderful thought ... just wonderful! So many things to apply that kind of thinking too ... how to approach life in general.

    We had thunder-snow ... amazing mess ... laughing! Kind of wonderful to watch though ... raw power.

    I seem to be running at the same velocity as you are about some things, "Speedy."

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete