Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hopin' for the Ruben from the Rough

Good Evenin'

And, another peach! Blue sky, 60 degrees and calm.

It did take me a few starts get goin'; woke up hungry about 4am. Did manage some quiet/prayer time 'fore, I lit the fire and tried a cup a tea, warm and loosen me up. But, time I warmed and got movin' just a tad, I realized I really didn't get all forty winks and took a nap 'fore I got up for good and commenced ta eat. I reckin' I did burn some calories on that hay, and some part a me wanted 'em back, thank you very much.

Anyway, as often happens, a day as pretty as we had, plans get bumped and I succumb to just bein' around and enjoyin'. I did putz in the office a tad, a little nervous about my math on that check for the hay and I verified all my appointments for December with the Doc. But, soon as I could, I was out ta play with the boys; Ruben today. And, we had a fair extended workout.

Talked to a horse friend up in Utah, the other day, sayin' how I missed havin' days at a time, to just work with one horse. But, with Ruben, curious as he is, I reckin' this "once in a while" stuff, works pretty good. I do believe he got some "over exposed" pulled outta the forest, away from his kin and run through the mill at the forest service pens. And, I know my skills aren't the best, so this "once in a while" arrangement, is givin' us lots a time to get to know each other, and hopeful, one day I'll see clear, the spot that love needs to mend. So easy make assumptions and mistakes and he's such a fine horse, I'm bettin' the time'll pay off.

And, my bed roll is callin'! Have a great night and, quote old Garrison Keilor, "be well, do good work and keep in touch!".

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. "... the spot that love needs to mend." Powerful insight, Jeune, and something many hearts on the planet need. How fortunate are those who find their mender of hearts! Rest well, and feed the cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that just like people, horses are all different inside with all of their own experiences, fears, joys ... you're good for that Boy, Jeune. What happened to Ruben was "violent" to his heart ... rounding up souls as if they have no value but to serve humans. Not anymore though ... he's free to be "Ruben."

    I like the word "putz" ... what a wonderful way to spend a day, poking here and there, napping, no one to crack the whip and make you march to the beat of their drum.

    Ah, Garrison ... right here in Minnie-sota. Always liked this:
    "Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough."

    Blessings (especially for your eye doctoring!),
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete