Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bhutan on the Rio Gran

Good Afternoon,

And, yes, another peach of a day!

Humble apologies for not writin' last night, but I got lost in a computer! Someone gave me an old Mac and it was the only way I could look at some old pictures, we might use for The Medicine Bend web site. Anyway, another lesson in things I should definitely leave to others; a computer for me is little more than a "universe of uncertainty". A universe I can little afford!

Anyway, another day playin' in the woods, haulin' water, feedin' ponies. But, little by little, I am gettin' that whole stretch a woods, just this side a the ridge, shaped up fair and some darn good piles a wood for winter. Fact, yesterday, I started wonderin' if I mighta been a beaver in my last life, all the satisfaction I feel, makin' pretty; punk wood in the ditches, good wood under a tree, exposin' chutes for the ponies and slowin' down the rainwater, grow more grass and feed the trees. I mean this is "wholesale" satisfaction!

Now, I see the genius of that little country, Bhutan, I think it's called, where instead of "GDP", or gross domestic product, the use "GNH", or gross national happiness; I might produce little more than first class horse manure, but I sure have first class fun doin' it!

And, with the exception of me gettin' a little carried away and breakin' off a big limb, with a slightly more than "genteel" crash, the ponies really seem to enjoy us all bein' together out yonder; them grazin' the chutes I uncover, me putzin' about like a beaver. And, happy company's hard to beat!

Have a great day!

Best.
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Smiling! That's my kind of fun!

    I've always enjoyed that Zen saying:
    Before enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water.
    After enlightenment: Chop wood, carry water.

    It's good to still do all the daily things of life, full-filling even, a simple task performed well and with heart, movement of body, animals living with you in the same space participating in their own way. Just is the way life seems the best ... to me anyway.

    Thank you for the picture of the Bunch running the chutes ... I bet that's a sight!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete