Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Princess Bride

Good Evenin'

Well, a few high clouds today, early, then by afternoon we were back up to 60 degrees, blue sky and sunshine. Sure could use some moisture, but it sure is pleasant.

Otherwise, it looks like Princess Hutzpah, may have a new boyfriend; Wedo, an Australian Cattle Dog from Tuli-Rosey, New Mexico! I debated the puppy v. older dog some and decided, where she's always been prone to the scruffy old boys, an older dog'd be the better bet. Sides, old Wedo, apart from color, is about the spittin' image of the Stink and he's got the bone and the fur, winter pretty fair up here, seems to me.

I've been watchin' the princess, see if we're better, two or three, but, as much as she likes bein' my one and only, I believe she's a little anxious and three'd be a happier deal, all things considered. Anyway, see what happens; gotta make a call tomorrow, see if the pieces fit together.

And, otherwise, writin', feedin' and tryin' to get things picked up, case winter comes callin', though this week it's been firewood and mailin' books, filled in the blanks. One thing sure, I never run outta things to do. And, hopeful, this evenin', I can sneak in a little more prayer/visit time, where I've been missin' my afternoon go and it sure keeps the glow in my lamp.

So, thanks, one and all for all your love and encouragement along the way and hopeful, we'll pick'er up man~ana.

Have a nice evenin'!

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. One question about your "princess" and her potential Aussie partner .... are they still operating with all their "parts?" If they both are, you could end up a kind of grandpa to some little critters. In any case, two would be great for you for the winter, lots of fur to cozy up with when it gets really cold. Plus, I do think from what you've been writing, that you miss Stinky a lot, so Wedo might well help ease that.
    Lovely evening to you as well, Jeune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Stella wishes she had a doggie buddy ... her buddy, Bailey the Bulldozer, 85-pound mega-volt Black Lab, part clown, all muscle, passed on a few years back. We both grieved and cried. Timing is off now though. Stella will just have to put up with me. You have a great place for 2 puppers. They sure do like one of their own to be a pack with. I think rescuing an older dog is a very good route ... they end up being overlooked, and they're beyond wonderful ... might come with a few bad habits, but cattle dogs are as smart as they come and can learn the ropes at a new place. Love the pic up top.

    I hope all the pieces fit ... hopefully we'll all be welcoming Wedo to the Family. :)

    Happy thoughts coming your way!
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete