Friday, November 30, 2012

Travel Prayers for Wedo

Good Evenin'

And, another fine day; quite some high clouds, but generally fair and mild.

Finishing touches on the itinerary for the Wedo dog; thought about tryin' to get a ride, pick him up, myself, but nothin' panned out. So, early mornin' he heads for Belen and my friend will meet the owners next to the freeway exit; take him back to her ranchito, 'till I go down for my eye surgery.

Otherwise, see if I can't take the horses out for one more graze, 'fore another batch a hunters come in Monday; they've been hangin' by the barn, but I oughta encourage them a little. They might talk me into a flake now, but they might wish they hadn't come February. Hard ta blame 'em though, with cannon fire here and there, I just don't think they feel particular safe, out yonder.

And, I guess I'm fadin' early, this evenin', so I'll bid my "g'nights" and head for bed!

Best

jeune

2 comments:

  1. I can see why they call Wedo "blondie." He's quite light. Looks very mellow, so I hope the transfer goes well, and great idea to let your friend take him until the surgery.

    Always good to be able to heed the body when it wants more down time. I once heard a joke about a guy who climbed up a mountain to see a "wise man." Once there, the climber asked the wise man for the secret of life. The old man said, "Eat when hungry; drink when thirsty; sleep when tired." I always liked that. So simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fine looking pupper up there! Can't wait until he's "home" with you. Friends are sure a wonderful blessing ... such kindness.

    Our cannon fire is gone for this year ... those high-powered rifles always make me want to hit the floor. Bullets can go a long way. At least the trees around here must "catch" some. I hope you and the bunch got in a nice stroll.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete