Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Balance

Good Evenin'

Well, the scales are tippin'; high clouds driftin' in, breezy and not so warm. But, for November, a pretty fair day, all the same.

And, hopeful, the weather'll hold off one more day, like the weatherman's sayin', let me get the barn roof patched and the yard tidied up a smidge; a little more firewood, case it gets wet.

I did get the tent buttoned up pretty fair; cut the bottom off the old tent, found an old tarp just big enough, pulled the new tarp off, laid the old one on top a the tent, put the old tent top on top a that, then re-fixed the new tarp and tucked it all in. I'm hopin' this'll hold a little more heat and keep water off the new tent, where my "beloved" pack rat took a fancy to the flavor of tarp and modified the new one, severely reducin' it's water repellent characteristics. I did talk to my neighbors and they do have one a those humane traps and, first chance, I aim to relocate my "blissful", not so wee rodent; she seems to like everything just a little too much, includin', most recent, my soap. A large half a pound cake, gone without a trace!

Anyway, a pretty fair day; one more and we should be good for weather. And, if the mild temps return, I'll give a go on the truck, see if I can't give it a once over 'fore snow.

Then we'll see about sellin' some books for Christmas; god willin', we sell what we got, I'll be able to pay my help, the taxes, our little loan and end up the year back at zero! Could be worse. Could be way worse!

Have a nice night.

Best,


jeune

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got yourself a pack rat! Find her nest, and you may find your stuff. I'm trying to figure out what a rat would do with soap....
    Good luck on the books sales. Hope they get snapped up by readers who enjoy them as much as I'm enjoying mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Girl's gotta keep up her appearance ... she could have left you part of the soap though. Laughing!

    I bet your shoulder is feeling all of that tarp work ... wow ... that's quite a work out. Nice to know it's tucked in before the gales of November. I hope you get your truck business done. Vehicles and I don't get along when I try to fix them ... it's off to the garage. I should learn ... nah.

    Back to listening to Josh Groban sing Italian Opera, don't like the English words, just Italian ... he could be singing about the instructions he uses for cleaning his outhouse for all I know ... he just does it fantastically. Washed the dog today ... like washing an alligator (who doesn't bite) with fur ... at least she's clean for the winter coming, and that was the totality of my work detail ... the rest has been recuperating. :)

    Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete