Monday, November 5, 2012

Almost Perfect

Good Evenin'

And, yes, I made it there and back! Had to leave about 6:30, but I made it. Caught my ride at the post office, with my school teacher friend, and my ride in Cuba with my wonderfully eccentric, retired school teacher friend and arrived at the hospital at 10:15. Actually had time to drop off a book I'd promised to Ms. Katie, who hosts the children's hour, saturday morning on KUNM and still make it back to the hospital for my appointment at the stroke of 11:00.

Anyway, everybody was real nice and seemed very good at what they did, includin' the receptionist that was so cute she looked like she should have been in middle school; yes, I'm gettin' old. They run all kinda tests on my eyes, includin' an ultra-sound, but far as they were able to tell, my left eye is not havin' a baby. And, I past the object poverty test and the whole thing, scheduled for December, is only like to run about 100$.

An old friend picked me up when they were done and shuttled me back to the shuttle in Bernalillo and, I suppose that was the highlight of the day, as she is so sweet and tries so hard to do right by everyone, that she lives quite exposed emotionally and always has fantastic questions and comments on life here on earth. She is a true gem.

And, come to find out "I aren't a senior yet!", least accordin' to Rio Metro; still two dollars, Bernalillo to Cuba! But, seems, I always meet someone worth the fair; this time, Julio Zamora, a child of Cuba in all it's curious colors. He lives up on the divide, over by Chuilli, with his six brothers and two sisters, old ranch his granpa homestead back in ought-knows.

Dropped off at school, back to the post office and home; flake for the boys, and over the hill, find the bunch. The Queen Missy Mum, took one look at me, walked over to the water tub, looked in, looked at me and walked away, with a hard sachay; no water.

"Well, it was full when I left!"

Have a nice night.

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. That's just wonderful! Life sometimes just boils down to good people with love in their hearts ... and of course our own hearts. :) So happy things went well. Not a bad price tag too, and glad your left eye is not going to have a baby ... it'd probably be a miniature Mustang though .. might be kind of nice.

    Must have been a good conversation with Julio.

    Well, the Queen has her standards you know. No place like home is there.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Missy Mum reminds me of my cat growing up. She ruled the house. We existed to serve her needs - food, letting out and in, loving. True diva, in the very best sense.

    Seriously, glad to hear about both your excellent day and your eye. And that they will operate so soon! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete