Monday, November 12, 2012

Economics

Good Evenin'

Well, a little warmer, the wind give up and clear as a bell. Pack it in early tonight; I don't even want to think about what time I woke up this mornin'. Let's just say it's time to break out the second sleepin' bag.

I do suspect, however, we won't get that cold again 'til after Christmas. Supposed to be back up in the fifties, rest of the week; lows in the upper teens.

And, another simple day; shuffled some paper in the office, figurin' the budget, 'til I realized there weren't nothin' to budget, least 'til I get this load a hay paid for, but we're darn close to gettin'er done, and there's nothin' pressin' right off.

Otherwise, the bunch come in for a flake and a drink, I reckin'; I don't believe there was anything that weren't froze solid. And, I loosened my grip on the hay just a bit, though I gave 'em pretty small portions. They all knapped pretty hard, all stretched out in the sun, then afternoon, I headed for the woods and give a whistle and I guess they must be gettin' the picture about short rations, 'cause little by little, one by one, they picked up and followed, browsin' here and there, while I made piles of firewood.

Anyway, it's early but I'm ready and short as the days are gettin', bedtime's about the only time fit in my "extra" prayer time. So, good night and sweet dreams.

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. I woke up a little shivery too ... a little wind, snow, and cold ... extra blanket and my sweet Stella dog cuddled up just a little closer than usual. Do you know that the back of your leg where your knee bends fits a dog perfectly .. Laughing! She thinks so anyway.

    Days getting short but hopefully you'll have some sun. Up here, the sun is like a piece of pumpkin pie ... what a treat!

    Glad your wood pile is building up and the Bunch is helping ... hard to find good help these days. :D Stella unstacks the wood and I stack ... works well when it's time to bring it inside at least!

    Warm blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete