Saturday, November 24, 2012

Up, Down and Sideways

Good Evenin'

Well, it must be the moon fillin' up, or maybe it was the after effects of that turkey dinner, but I musta woke up about two o'clock.

Sat up and spent some prayer/visit time, long as I could, but about four o'clock, I started to get pretty hungry and rolled outta bed and started the fire.

Seems I spent the rest a the day, tryin'/waitin' ta see if I'd come back around, tryin' everything from food to coffee, to more quiet time, to a nap. Finally, I figured it was just one a those days, and least I could take a walk. So, I headed out to check the low gate, where we clearly had hunters around.

Found the bunch down yonder starin' at the barn. The neighbors to the south, don't give much thought to neighbors any which way and they'd been sightin' in their cannons, in the mornin', right next to their house, which is way too close to the yard, here, and which, I reckin', accounted for the bunch wonderin' about comin' up the back way, which doesn't run so close to the neighbors.

Anyway, I give 'em a scratch and a howdy-do, each and they followed me back to the barn, long overdue for a flake. And, feelin' a little closer to normal, with the stretch and some fresh air, I gathered up Ruben, see if we might could play just a little, over in the round pen. And, that went pretty well; the boy is changin'. Slow, but sure, sure.

Anyway, then the owners showed up on their way home and we got to visit just a smidge, 'fore the light began to fade and the thermometer drop.

So, it was a beautiful day, inside and out; just a little on the topsy turvy side. But, by and large nice! I even consider that extra quiet time, just mighta helped me understand, just a little more, how simple and great, life can be, evev in the midst of the ups and the downs.

Have a nice evenin'

Best,
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very sweet day. Did make me think that maybe not eating until after four might've had something to do with your lack of get up and go, because essentially your body was running on fumes.

    I've heard that eating within 30 minutes of waking up for the day is pretty important. Doesn't have to be fancy. PB&J on bread would do the trick. Like a car, we do need regular fuel, and when we don't get it, things can get vague-ish.

    Good news about Ruben. Sounds like you're building some trust with him, and that must feel pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruben is getting the feeling this playing stuff is good!

    Funny how days all of a sudden decide to take a different approach than the usual ... maybe they want you to see them from a different angle. I get up that early, I make coffee (only drink instant organic stuff) and make a very small tortilla with a little honey, real butter, and cinnamon ... something about cinnamon just makes a person smile .. just the smell brings simple joy.

    Blessings and easy resting,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete