Sunday, November 11, 2012

Tendin' the Fire

Good Evenin'

And, another icey one; pretty, but 30 degrees and windy.

But we did get out and do a few things. Spruced up the pent house for Gramma and Grampa Burro, brought in some firewood and took a walk just before dark, see if I could find the bunch.

Have ta check tomorrow, see if they broke out for the north end. I shoulda got out earlier broke some ice, but cold as it was, I kept expectin' them, come in for a flake. Ya never know, with the bunch; all that summer tallow they mighta just figured a fine day for a romp.

Otherwise, I lay pretty low, icey as it was and the wind, a fair gust. Kept the fire up and snuck in a nap, remindin' myself it was Sunday.

Anyway, pack it in early, save some wood for the mornin' and see if I can't catch a little prayer time, 'fore I nod off 'til the morrow.

Did you know the "roots" for morrow are Greek? They say it means "to sparkle"; a little more fuel for my new attitude!

Have a nice night.

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. I like the Greek root of "morrow." To sparkle. And it's a good remembrance right before closing one's eyes.

    Snow all day ... could have been gloomy, but there's always the fire .... warm, cozy, happy ... the smell of birch and maple.

    Blessings on your restful day,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete