Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Letter to a Navajo Friend

Just wanted to say hi and pass on my hopes you are feelin' better; renew my thanks for all your efforts. I passed on a request for donations to all the folks, came to the blessing, try to raise some more dough for your gas, but I guess everyone's scrapin' these days, I didn't get any response. So, I guess for now, "thanks" will have to do, but they sure are heart felt on my behalf.

I think about you most every day and hope you know, I consider you family and not just on account of the foster home, but for your heart, all other concerns aside.

That said, I'd sure be pleased, you kept it in mind, as I'm like to need a lot of help and I do believe it could be somethin' special. I'm hopin', among other's, we can find:

A Dine' Mom with a passion for the kids and hopeful a background where she could pass on your culture and home school.

Some good thoughtful board members for settin' up the non-profit.

Some young folk/college students that might understand or want to help settin' up the non-profit; work on the grant writing and fund raising.

And, a young cowgirl/horse lover/ranch hand, might have a passion, like me, for the animals, ranchwork and life the "middle of nowhwere", who could carry on as I get older, though I will help as long I am able.

Again, I'm thinkin' single gender, in the name of "simplicity" and feminine, where women are not only so important, historically, in Dine' culture, but also the "force of change and strength" for the future; not unlike yourself.

If we manage a "big house", the Mom and the kids could have that, and I can build a small house near the horses for myself, at first, and the cowgirl, when I'm too old to help.

If we get this ranch right, no reason we could inspire other, similar situations, develop "extensions", maybe a summer camp for example and serve as a small center for other folks Dine' or otherwise native, come visit and talk about what's working.

Either way, always a place for you, whether you are visiting folks over east here on the checkerboard, or just a retreat, if you're needin' recharge your "batteries".

I know it's ambitious, but I'm thoroughly optimistic, it can be done and it can be "smart", like beautiful, or "ho'zho'".


My Horse

My horse with a mane of short rainbows

My horse with ears of round corn

My horse with eyes made of big stars

My horse with a head made of mixed waters

My horse with teeth made of white shell

The long rainbow is in his mouth for a bridle

And with it I guide him

When my horse neighs,
Different colored horses follow

I am wealthy because of him

Before me peaceful

Behind me peaceful

Under me peaceful

Over me peaceful

Peaceful voice when he neighs

I am everlasting and peaceful

I stand for my horse

Love and Best Wishes, Always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful "vision." I see the realization happening step by step.

    The prose touched my heart. Love "talks" between all species ... different languages but all life is a spark from the same Creator. Love is the same oneness. Thank you, Jeune, for the beautiful picture you've painted.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, beautiful and clear - your vision for the "home." How special that it be a place for girls, because so many focus on young men. The divine feminine. May your dream become real.

    ReplyDelete