Thursday, January 24, 2013

Burroed Time

Good Evenin'

And, one more sweet one; couldn't believe it, over 50 degrees. It did cloud up afternoon, but way pleasant.

Anyway, much as I got to enjoy; runnin' around this mornin' finish up my taxes, get it all signed sealed and delivered, then goin' back and figurin' out howcome the numbers didn't add up. Oh, well, it's in, on time and I noticed they did include another form for an amended return.

Still and all, pretty good for an old half blind cowpoke.

The other good news, a course, I really didn't get too stressed and, god willin', tomorrow I get to catch up with the critters and things that make way more sense. Did catch up a little with my heart, after dinner and that was fair, sweet; a good nights rest and tomorrow's a new day.

It does occur to me, that attitude is extremely important these days; don't know if you've noticed but it seems a lotta folks I encounter are very stressed. And, It is a little freaky, when ya run into them, throwin' away their sense a right and wrong and just believin' they can "force it", their way. Always, makes me think and say a wee prayer, sometimes not so wee, "please, and thank you, I really don't wanta go there, and, my guess, your grace, my only real hope"! I do believe, there is such a thing as "shelter"; maybe not on the outside, always, but truly, on the inside. And, that I need to remember, always; priority number one, right with myself.

Have a nice night!

Best, always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. It's in the mail !!! Always feels good to get the paperwork out the door ... sometimes, I do it via the woodstove. :D

    I've found a good attitude is easier for me when it's not -35 degrees. Seems so hopeless, but then the sun finally shines and life is good. Now, if I could get my attitude adjusted around -35, I'd be a much more content person .... always working toward a better inner world, which of course makes a better outer world.

    I heard this thing once that "Stress is the distance between one "high" to the next, waiting for the next feel-good moment and wishing it would hurry up. That, and taking on so much busy-ness, you just burn out. I think at this point, just surviving with all of my fingers and toes (Stella's too) in this cold, is good enough to call it "happy" and stress free. It's amazing the difference in living conditions. Un-stress to some might mean a light morning traffic commute to work. It's all internal ... no matter where you are on the planet. Interesting to think about ... thanks, Jeune.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me that heart is the only antidote for stress. No one can control the environment around them totally. Weather, other people... will do whatever. The only thing we can ever hope to control is how we react, and that's a lifelong process of learning, deepening, growing. If not, folks can just burn out on stress.

    Sure hope you got that good night's rest, Jeune.

    ReplyDelete