Monday, January 21, 2013

Deusy of a Day and a Dingo Dog

Good Evenin'

And, yes another peach; blue skies, sunshine and gentle breezes. There was a wee chill in the air and we only made 40 degrees, but no way I'm like ta consider a "discouragin'" word.

I even ventured a long overdue scrub; anyone a the past few days, was warm enough, but after two weeks, day time high a twenty, it takes a few days, to trust the warm is for sure. A shave, a haircut and a topside scrub! And, with the slightly longer day, I even made a run to the neighbors, coffee, howdy do and made it back with time to feed and gather some wood.

See, if I can't touch up the last a the paper work, man~ana, get that off in the mail.

And, the Wedo dog keeps makin' me laugh. Yesterday, I mentioned we'd worked out a few rules, pretty good natured; well, one of 'em was, "his" bed is in the corner. We'd had a few "snappy" moments over bed space and Whichy was a little upset, so I made a little partition, down the middle and, where he was inclined to the "corner office", that side was his. Well, every now and then if she goes out, he'll sneak over to her side and try that out. So, when I notice, I start laughin', walk over and get a hand under his side, start rockin' him up, reminder that, "that ain't the spot". First few times, he was terrible scared. Now, he relunctantly, waggin' his tail, crawls back, literal, around the partition and back over to his side.

I figure it's all good; he's gettin' over his fear and clearly, he's feelin' comfortable enough, express his opinion, even if it might meet another. Some folks consider coyotes for rascals. All I can say, is "dingo's no better"!

Have a nice night!

Best, always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. Every time you write about your outdoor bathing, I flash back to my 5th or 6th grade class's week-long camping trip, complete with cold showers in an unheated shack. You're way hardier than I was. Guess that's why I'm such an "indoor sport." Just not cut out for the great outdoors.

    Love how you're training the Wedo dog. Humor goes a long way to getting youngsters to do what grown folks want them to. There's just no defense for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked that quote "Don't take life so seriously, you'll never get out alive." And it's so true. :) Might as well roll with life and bend instead of break. Wedo Dingo (every dog should have a middle name) is reinventing himself to fit in with you and Whichy, right around his own unique personality too. Ha! We should all be so flexible ... and funny! Love hearing about your critters. Makes me smile.

    I managed the great clean up too, after I crawled under the cabin in the dark with wolves howling, and I fixed the drain ... my goodness, that was fun. Laughing! I'd rather take my indoor warm shower ... you're one tough hombre. I'd be shrieking and jumping up and down washing outside in that temp, attract the neighbors for 5 miles.

    Nothing like a "rascal" in your life to keep it fresh.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful.

    ReplyDelete