Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Paradise On The Divide

Good Evenin'

And, we finally seen the sun, again! Only made 24 degrees and we're like ta hit 10 below, t'night, but spring is on the way!

Woke up quite early, where I packed'er in, similar, but we had plenty a wood, and just enough juice in our solar kit ta see us through ta daylight; I'd forgot ta clean off the panels yesterday and with the snow cover and low light, we 'uz runnin' on fumes. And, where we got an early start, the ponies got plenty a feed, see 'em through this cold one; climbin' back to mild, rest a the week. Supposed to get into the 40's by weekend.

And, just ta start the year on an optimistic foot, I penciled out some numbers on a 25 million dollar book deal, just so I'm ready, in case. Not that I'm ambitious, but, the way taxes are and much as it'd cost ta pull it off, if we ended up with a million, it'd sure move our horse rescue/foster home forward.

Anyway, it sure was a pleasant day and pretty as a picture, with the clouds breakin' up and the sun shinnin' through. We got another 3-4 inches a snow over night, and the pups was rompin' and playin' best they could, plowin' snow with their chests and makin' trails, hither and yon.

And, ol' Don the blade man come by just before dark; I'd opened the gate just in case. I heard him comin' up the hill and high tailed it out to the road. Don't know if he seen me or just stopped, 'cause the gate was opened and he does keep an eye out, but he backed'er in right under the barn, and gave us a clean patch a drive, all the way out to the road. Way kind; he'd been at it since 6 this mornin' and hadn't quit, but 3 hours before, after plowin' all day, New Years Eve.

So, as they say, "another day in Paradise"! Everybody fed, wood in the stove and life with which to try. I'm not real big on New Year Resolutions; I've always been one a those people, considered if somethin's important, it shouldn't wait on a new year, but if I were to venture one, I believe it'd be just that. Try, just a little more, trust like never before.

Have a wonderful night!

Best, Always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. That's a good everyday resolution, "Try, just a little more, trust like never before."

    Glad you have a plowed drive. I've never seen the gift giver, but it sure is a nice neighbor who's plowed us out ... very kind.

    Sounds like a peaceful start to your year and some good dreaming ... dreams have a tendency to lighten the heart and put joy in the step.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get that whole new year's resolution thing, because like you say, why wait? But the idea of trying a little more and trusting.... that's an excellent one any day.

    In the middle of all that cold, spring is indeed a welcome thought. Spent about half my life where it snowed, sometimes a lot, so I can relate. Just glad to read you've got plenty of wood to keep warn until then.

    ReplyDelete