Monday, January 14, 2013

What'll It Be

Good Evenin'

And, well, we did break the 20 mark; 21, 19 the high tomorrow. But, I don't believe it'll be as cold as they said; we did have a little cloud cover this evenin', which might keep us from the minus 10 they was pre-dictin'.

Anyway, "tarred" this evenin'; the weekend was pretty much a "go get 'er" and today wasn't much less. And, judgin' from the sore muscles back yonder, I mighta got a little unused to swingin' that axe. But, everybody's fed, watered and warm.

And, I'm considerin' givin' up on facebook, 'cept maybe if I post somethin'; seems there are some don't have any other avenues for their fowl language and bad attitudes. Today someone posted a nice picture and quote of Mother Theresa and someone had to jump in with a string a profanity and racial slurs; Mother Theresa!
Yesterday I woulda blocked one, but it was a friend of a friend and today, I did ex-communicate another. Reminds me a that cute sayin'; "bitterness is like takin' poison and hopin' somebody else dies". I do feel sorry for 'em but, I reckin' there are some things folks gotta figure themselves and I ain't sure if pretendin' it's alright helps.

I got to see a talk today, someone receivin' an award for their efforts toward building a more peaceful world. In their acceptance speech, they said, "the time has come", and, "it's up to each one of us". Both those statements just hit me, incredible true; it's now or never and it's up to us.

Maybe what anyone of us can do is a very small piece of the puzzle, but every time one person, says to themself, "I'm gonna try", the odds change. And that's a fact!

Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Smiling to know your temps didn't dip too far. Using an axe is very jarring to the body ... somehow wood splitting makes a person feel kind of good. I'm at the point where I can only make kindling now though with my little Estwing hatchet .. no more of the big stuff.

    I surely understand about FB ... sometimes I take it in chunks, backing off for awhile if I feel too much negativity or even if it starts to feel like an obsession. Then, I come back after a little time passes and give it all the light I can. Many good people on there ... sometimes the darkness stands out though, folks in pain and screaming for attention by being insulting and mean. Most of the people I communicate with, and the people they communicate with, are critter-loving folks and people of nature. I also hide stories I find unhealthy and use the blocking function when a person displays a pattern of toxicity. My heart health is important.

    Enjoy your temp warm up ... oh would I like to turn my face to the sun, close my eyes, and just soak.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete