Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Mornin' Snow

Good Evenin'

Long day! 10 below last night and I woke up early, with the mornin' cold on the creep. Give a go at my prayer time and 6 o'clock succumbed to the pups, fussin'with their beds and hintin' how a fire would be most considerate.

Anyway, we gotter goin', got warmed up, fed the ponies, ate some breakfast and headed out for the tradin' post; fair sunny, cold, but sunny, up this way, stormy down toward the divide and the post. Got my groceries, and a gallon a diesel, help with the mornin' fire, and headed on back, with the day turnin' older and colder.

The rest was a dash for hay and water, a snack for the cowboy and some extra firewood from my piles out back. Dark, dark, time I closed the flap. They say, it's like ta be colder tonight; cross my fingers, I got all the critters right. Everybody make it 'til mornin', we'll break out that grain for sure!

And, it's late. Tarred as I was, I made some coffee, I finally got in; snuck another moment a quiet. So, time, I got up, cooked and ate, well jimminy, I better "hang up the phone"!

Have a nice night!

Best, always
jeune

2 comments:

  1. You caught snowflakes in that picture ... nice.

    That's cold! So that's how you start a fast, hot fire. I think my Grandma used to do that ... called it "coal oil." I best stick to birch bark. Good to keep hunkered down in this weather. I suppose it takes an extra bit of food to keep everyone warm.

    Sounds like you kept the fire going "inside" too.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo on a larger screen has touches of purple amidst the gray, black and white. Almost like some of the paintings I was looking at a couple of days ago. It really does capture the feeling of cold. Glad to hear about those wood piles out back and close to your tent.

    Since our weather pattern seems to head out your way, you've likely got a few more days of cold before it starts to warm up a bit. 10 below..... brrrr. Like that phrase, "cold on the creep" - gives the feeling of how it gets folks chilled to the bone without them realizing it.

    ReplyDelete