Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Funny Eyes

Good Evenin'

And, ya, another peach; 45 degrees and sun-nee! Even made a little headway, on paper work and some hooves, needin' attention.

Stumpy for one, I'd been lettin' his back foot grow out to where we could make a nice clean start and Funny, who's always had bad feet and eye trouble, where she gets very nervous about anyone under foot; let alone someone wantin' ta pick up a foot. The good news, sorta, I think Funny was uncomfortable enough and we have made some efforts, past few years, to where she's got the picture; "he don't hurt me and my feet feel better". So, when she figured I wanted to help, she just eased into the trees, where other horses wouldn't surprise her and pretty much stood there, let me clean her up. I sure was proud a her! It's a fair act of faith, any horse lettin' you work on their feet, them creatures of flight and all, but bad eyes on top, that's pretty large.

Anyway, Stump too, he was real patient, as I had to saw through the worst of it, 'til I could get the nippers in under the part that had folded over.

And, a course the pups got "hoof breath" from chompin' on those wonderful, smelly old pieces of hoof. But, everythin' comes at a price, and sometimes, even good company, has bad breath. Least they're proud of it; whew!

Have a good night!

Best,

P.S. That picture of Funny was takin', a year ago, November; 'fore we had snow.
jeune

1 comment:

  1. I like how the pics get really big when you click on them .... Funny has some smoke color in her coat? Pretty Girl. Such huge creatures trusting someone to touch their feet is a big deal. Dogs sure like to chew on the strangest things ... Laughing ... hoof breath!

    Whining of the wind here, so Stella and I will do inside things mostly. Looks like the sun is trying to peak out though ... beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete