Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ruben In The Afternoon Sun

Good Evenin'

And, even first thing, you could tell the cold had broke; wasn't all that much warmer, mercury wise, we mighta made 32, but the starch was gone. Supposed to hit the forties man~ana.

And, where I wasn't quite so pressed ta get wood, I did get out ta fix the fence in the boys run; thought they was eatin' but turned around and I had company. Fence wasn't too bad, but I'd kept 'em up in the corral for a few days and they was plumb ready, get out and take a walk. Nobody'd wanted to go anywhere, past few; it was sunny, but unfriendly cold with an icey little wind on top.

Anyway, got the fence patched and whacked on an old stump, got enough wood for the night. It was one of those pitchy old stumps, where the chips break off like coal. So, hard as I whacked I didn't get much, but even them little chips'll make a good fire with a few pulpy limbs.

And, I might even venture a toot, man~ana, give the truck a go and say high to the neighbors; found the old bill from the revenue and I still have some time get my paper work in, and I'd hate ta be early at that!

Headin' for beddin'. Have a nice night!

Best,
jeune

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having a warm up .. I bet critters and Cowboy are relieved. We were at -21 this morning. Not too bad though ... fire is going and eating wood like crazy.

    Paperwork .. the nemesis of all humankind. Don't see any other species cutting down trees to make flyers saying "save the trees." Wonderful day to you!

    Blessings,
    Peaceful

    ReplyDelete